Carrier Command TAP image broken

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

druellan
Dynamite Dan

Carrier Command TAP image broken

Post by druellan »

Hi!
Seems that the Carrier Command TAP image is not working as intended: the game crashes while refitting your Walrus.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinc ... nd.tap.zip
Tested: FUSE / ZXSpin

This image is still not in Spectrum Computing, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Also, the image seems to be a very clean cracked version (manual protection removed). WOS says 1989 if the date means something, so, might be worth preserving.

Perhaps we need some kind of convention when an image is broken?
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Carrier Command TAP image broken

Post by Einar Saukas »

Thanks for reporting it!

Does the TZX from WoS work properly?

If so, I will simply mark the TAP as broken in ZXDB, and leave information about the TZX only.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Yes, other images seems to work fine.
If so, I will simply mark the TAP as broken in ZXDB, and leave information about the TZX only.
*Jem* are there instructions how to do that? I'm still learning.
I have a local mysql server, so, the idea is to download the database, make the modifications and create a diff file? Thanks!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

druellan wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:29 am Yes, other images seems to work fine.
*Jem* are there instructions how to do that? I'm still learning.
I have a local mysql server, so, the idea is to download the database, make the modifications and create a diff file? Thanks!
No. For now, just report any issues in this forum (or directly to us) exactly like you did.

Right now, all new content is added by R-Tape using our internal system, and all corrections are made by myself manually, except for ZX81 material that's handled by Thomas.

There's will be a much better, more automated system that's currently under development. Our goal is to eventually get something similar to Mobygames in the long run, where everybody will be able to submit new information and issue reports directly. We will make proper announcements about it later. But it's still going to take a while to get there, we have higher priorities right now. In the meantime, we are not sitting on our hands waiting for it to happen. :)
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

👌