Hal

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Hal

Post by Andre Leao »

One from Gilsoft, and manual is included. Thanks Steven!

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... l-mia.html
Gilby
Drutt

Re: Hal

Post by Gilby »

cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Thanks Steven!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Added.

I'm puzzled why someone would want to program in this. It has its own language, and uses octal. I suppose in 1983 the various types of assembler were only starting to appear, and there was no dominant one yet.

Can anyone make it do anything useful? I'm finding this a bit impenetrable. I thought I was following the instructions but it's not playing!

If anyone can make it print "ZXDB" or do anything, please provide a snapshot as I'd like to use the screenshot.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 pm If anyone can make it print "ZXDB" or do anything, please provide a snapshot as I'd like to use the screenshot.
Here goes, [mention]R-Tape[/mention] . That was harder than it needed to be :|

HAL Snapshot

To print "ZXDB", press Enter, then type RUN, press Enter again, then type 1, then press Enter again
To count from 0 to 3, press Enter, then type RUN, press Enter again, then type 10, then press Enter again
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

cmal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 pm Here goes, @R-Tape . That was harder than it needed to be :|

HAL Snapshot

To print "ZXDB", press Enter, then type RUN, press Enter again, then type 1, then press Enter again
To count from 0 to 3, press Enter, then type RUN, press Enter again, then type 10, then press Enter again
Perfect. Thanks a lot. Added. I'd love to know what people did with this BITD.