Play for Peace recovered

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Play for Peace recovered

Post by Andre Leao »

A portuguese MIA now recovered. We were searching for it for years... Enjoy... :)

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... e-mia.html
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Re: Play for Peace recovered

Post by Ivanzx »

Thanks for your work recovering MIA from Portugal, as your neighbour I have been always interested in knowing the Spectrum stuff that was produced in there. I even have a custom cassette copy of City Connection :)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Congratulations on the recovery !
I know this feeling when you find a game that you were hunting for years and it's a great feeling ;)

The game is certainly interesting, it has a lots of data, multiload parts, pictures, animations and so on.But for me, from my 5 minutes of experience, it also has a dose of weirdness. So what's the game goal?

As I understand you have to save the world from nuclear destruction. But in the actual game you first you click through several animations and then you end playing some clone of Arkanoid. This is how you save the world? ;)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Thanks Ivan and Ralf :)

Ralf: yes, it´s like a very weird clone of Arkanoid. Good graphics, but gameplay is very weird... :shock:

The goal is to hit with the ball on the coloured "n" to end the level. If you feel you´re going to loose a life, just hit fire, and now it´s a question of luck. If you hit X, loose a life, V, wina a life, B, earn some points... Very weird indeed. And not very good, but graphics are very nice... :?