Artillero game (MIA) by Cesar Hernandez Baño

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
Neil Parsons
Berk

Artillero game (MIA) by Cesar Hernandez Baño

Post by Neil Parsons » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi, people.

Just to say some time ago I found a .tzx file of this videogame created by Cesar Hernandez Baño (author of ZEsaUX emulator) from a bunch of files Jose Manuel Claros (El Trastero del Spectrum) sent me for my personal preservation of ZX Spectrum BASIC programs at Proyecto BASIC ZX. I don't remember it quite well, but I can think Cesar gratefully sent it to me.

Game profile: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=25288

It was marked as MIA at World Of Spectrum Infoseek and TZX is not available at SC entry, but luckily it was found and available from my blog, just going into here or downloading it from here.

I'm actually working in the preservation of so many type-ins published on Spanish magazines of 80s decade (Microhobby, ZX, Todospectrum and much more), so feel free to add to SC archive any other programs you find around my blog that weren't added before in other sites.
4 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Artillero game (MIA) by Cesar Hernandez Baño

Post by PeterJ » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi @Neil Parsons

Thank you for your working in preserving these titles. We will get anything missing added to ZXDB.
1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 am

Neil Parsons wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm
Just to say some time ago I found a .tzx file of this videogame created by Cesar Hernandez Baño (author of ZEsaUX emulator) from a bunch of files Jose Manuel Claros (El Trastero del Spectrum) sent me for my personal preservation of ZX Spectrum BASIC programs at Proyecto BASIC ZX.
Ta Neil, I'm adding Artillero to the spreadsheet ready for the next update.
I'm actually working in the preservation of so many type-ins published on Spanish magazines of 80s decade (Microhobby, ZX, Todospectrum and much more), so feel free to add to SC archive any other programs you find around my blog that weren't added before in other sites.
Wow, amazing work! It looks like there is a LOT of new information for ZXDB and files that can be added.

This is a big job that I don't have time for at the moment. If someone else wants to volunteer and pick a letter perhaps then please shout out here.

Summary: lots of missing stuff here: https://proyectobasiczx.wordpress.com/otros/a-c/
Task - get files not available, take screenshots, which have ZXDB IDs?
0 x

druellan
Microbot

Post by druellan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Neil Parsons wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm
I'm disappointed I couldn't contribute with that effort. I'm sure I have a lot of games typed from ZX/Todospectrum, but they are mixed with other publications, and I tried to search for them a couple of times, without success.

If I try again, do you have an idea of what magazines and numbers you need?
0 x
Y un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Neil Parsons
Berk

Post by Neil Parsons » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:04 pm

druellan wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:36 pm
I'm disappointed I couldn't contribute with that effort. I'm sure I have a lot of games typed from ZX/Todospectrum, but they are mixed with other publications, and I tried to search for them a couple of times, without success.

If I try again, do you have an idea of what magazines and numbers you need?
All type-ins from Todospectrum magazine have been preserved in the same blog. There's an opening menu window if you move cursor over "Revistas" and "Otros programas" at the top of the page. Every option lead to another continued section (following issues and so on)

For better use, I put links for most of these magazines, the known ones, here and corresponding preservation status:

Amstrad Sinclair Ocio - INCOMPLETE (Some type-ins still to be preserved. A task I have to do later)
Input Sinclair - COMPLETE
Microhobby - COMPLETE
Mundo Spectrum - INCOMPLETE (Issue 4 STP)
Todospectrum - COMPLETE
Type and Run - INCOMPLETE (Take care with some of them as they are translated copies from Winning Games for the ZX Spectrum book)
ZX - INCOMPLETE (Still working with this magazine at this moment, actually totally available until Issue 37) (Also, in the first eight issues of this magazine there were published translated type-ins taken from different UK magazines and books, forementioned in every case)

About rest of publications:

"48k" by Monser - STP
"El Ordenador Personal" - STP (If only interested in ZX Spectrum, I'd work with them as soon as possible. Rest of type-ins for different machines... meh... xDDDD)
"Conocer" - All possible listings available in one single archive.
"Micromanía (Doña Tecla)" - COMPLETE (Note: There's one program called Bananas that's impossible to fix unless I tried, as it was wrongly printed in the magazine - missing UDGs mainly)
"Tu Micro" - STP (The same as with El Ordenador Personal. Moreover, some programs are just available)
"Super Juegos Para Todos" - INCOMPLETE (There are some ZX Spectrum type-ins available but two more have to be copied next)

It's a very big lot of work to do with all of them, IMHO...
Last edited by Neil Parsons on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Neil Parsons
Berk

Post by Neil Parsons » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:45 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 am
This is a big job that I don't have time for at the moment. If someone else wants to volunteer and pick a letter perhaps then please shout out here.

Summary: lots of missing stuff here: https://proyectobasiczx.wordpress.com/otros/a-c/
Task - get files not available, take screenshots, which have ZXDB IDs?
I know this will be very hard for one single man, but I hope more users collaborate in this task (even if they are from Spain). In the meantime, I can say there are some other programs from 'Otros Programas' section that may be available at SC and WOS archives with same, similar or different name (for example, there are two "Frogger" programs linked to WOS, just for comparison). This may be the hardest work because it would require to check everyone of them with what is actually preserved, just to prevent of possible duplicated entries. If something found from my archive and this concrete section seems to be in doubt, contact me anytime and I'll try to answer the best I can.
0 x

druellan
Microbot

Post by druellan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Neil Parsons wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:04 pm
ZX - INCOMPLETE (Still working with this magazine at this moment, actually totally available until Issue 37)
Yeah, that was the one I'm pretty sure we have many programs typed-in, but I tried a couple of times locate some of them and failed. I'm going to try again on issue 38 and up.
0 x
Y un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Neil Parsons
Berk

Post by Neil Parsons » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Uh... from a previous entry of mine in this thread...

"Micromanía (Doña Tecla)" - COMPLETE (Note: There's one program called Bananas that DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY and it's impossible to fix unless I tried, as it was wrongly printed in the magazine - missing UDGs mainly)
0 x