X-Magazine MIA?

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: X-Magazine MIA?

Post by R-Tape »

Thanks fellas.

It turns out that 'Didaktik D80 disk' is already a format type in ZXDB :oops: , my fault for trying to do the spreadsheet in a slightly beery post World Cup knock out haze.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am Thanks fellas.

It turns out that 'Didaktik D80 disk' is already a format type in ZXDB :oops: , my fault for trying to do the spreadsheet in a slightly beery post World Cup knock out haze.
Yep, there were many files in D80 format at old WoS.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Of course I know RealSpectrum (latest revision v0.98.14 - Dec 31st 2009, the same you mention) can still run on later Windows systems; I even stated it in the Spectrumpedia six years ago. However, on my configuration it can only run in a 640x480 window, or stretched and deformed fullscreen, and I prefer to run programs in a window normally anyway, not to mention the frequent stuttering in sound output; whereas the DOS version will run in a 1280 x 960 window when windowresolution is set to 1280x960 and output to overlay in the DOSBox configuration file, without any problems with audio output.

Nowadays I use it rarely for some specific task, for instance recording of AVI files. Trailer videos for my games on my YouTube channel were made from such recordings combined together with editors like VideoPad.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

The last issue of this magazine you can download here:
http://maps.speccy.cz/temp/xm20.zip

This issue was release in "paper form" only with D80 attachment.