XBox One controller

General wibble, please play nice.
R-Tape
Site Admin

XBox One controller

Post by R-Tape » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm trying to play Hydorah with this controller and it doesn't recognise the thumbpad, only the thumbstick and I can't get used to it. It's the same with my few other dos games. The fire buttons are okay. I've looked in the windows settings and it registers u/d/l/r for the thumbpad there, so it doesn't appear to be broken.

I've done a websearch but the solutions sound quite advanced. Any ideas? You'll have to pretend you're explaining it to your Grandad because my knowledge of new stuff is very limited.
0 x

MatGubbins
Microbot

Re: XBox One controller

Post by MatGubbins » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't have an Xbox thingy, but on some my PC USB gamepads there is a button in the middle (where all the start/select buttons live) that switches the input from the UDLR pad to the left stick. Can a Xbox accept a PC USB game pad? I know my PS3 will.
There may also be a controller config hidden wtihin the many many menu options to switch between inputs, yes they make things so difficult to find and select.
0 x
Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: XBox One controller

Post by R-Tape » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks Mat, I don't think it's that. There are so few option when you try that button, mostly banging on about 'Game Mode'. I wonder if it's a setting in the game itself. The DPad and the thumbstick work in the XBox menu. It's a 360 controller btw, not an XBone.

Ooof, no more screens tonight though :shock:
0 x