Playstation Classic announced

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Playstation Classic announced

Post by Morkin »

As much as I enjoyed some of the more arcadey adventures (FFVII, MGS), I doubt I'd play them again. Would be tempted to play the more arcadey offerings, but I don't think I'd fork out for it.
beanz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:53 pm Surprised Tomb Raider isn't on there, guess they couldn't get permission for it.
Yeah, an iconic PS1 game for me.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

The only PlayStation exclusive (i.e. not available on PC as well) game I cared about was Silent Hill. Which I played on PC by means of ePSXe :lol:
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

So from what I've seen it's going to be using an open source emulator in a custom box...You're basically paying $100 for the fancy box then.

Having said that the C64 mini is basically that and I love that little thing. It also might mean it will be fairly easy to hack/add the ability to load in other PS games.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

You are right [mention]beanz[/mention]

It's apparently going to used the ARM based PCSX ReARMed open source emulator.

You can run the same emulator with a Raspberry Pi and RetroPie:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... ystation-1
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago from Walmart for $59.99. Wasn't going to after reading up (and seeing on youtube) the "complaints" about it but then it was hacked...if you can call it that. Got a 64gb usb drive and got an image with 104 playstation games on it, so it's a great bit of kit now. Sure already have a pi with this stuff on but you can never have enough tech crap laying around the house...right?