Introduce yourself!

General wibble, please play nice.
ADJB
Berk

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by ADJB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am

Hi all,

Ex preservation team member from a different era on a different site. Used to run the preservation team shop.

I can be found on farcebook under the moniker of "Ruskin Roader" which I use for my music and photography interests.

Present retro hobby is OCRing all my magazines into searchable database.

Other hobbies include breeding and growing chillies, home brewing and being a live in slave to my cat.

ADJB
1 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Microbot

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 am

Hi!

I'm Juan, from Málaga, Spain. I'm a proud Spectrum owner since 1985.

I've been posting on WoS forums from more than 10 years and now also here. Seems another cool place to talk about our beloved little computer.

I love posting about Spectrum games and I think we'll have a great time here!

Sabre Wulf & Knight Lore are my fave Speccy games (Fred my fave spanish one, hence my avatar!)
2 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 am

ADJB wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am
Hi all,

Ex preservation team member from a different era on a different site. Used to run the preservation team shop.

I can be found on farcebook under the moniker of "Ruskin Roader" which I use for my music and photography interests.

Present retro hobby is OCRing all my magazines into searchable database.

Other hobbies include breeding and growing chillies, home brewing and being a live in slave to my cat.

ADJB
Breeding is your hobby?
1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 am

Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 am
Hi!

I'm Juan, from Málaga, Spain. I'm a proud Spectrum owner since 1985.

I've been posting on WoS forums from more than 10 years and now also here. Seems another cool place to talk about our beloved little computer.

I love posting about Spectrum games and I think we'll have a great time here!

Sabre Wulf & Knight Lore are my fave Speccy games (Fred my fave spanish one, hence my avatar!)
Nice to see you Juan! Don't forget - September the 2nd is International Fred appreciation day. I think there's a calendar I can put this event in here somewhere.
1 x

florinthedwarf
Berk

Post by florinthedwarf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 am

Hi all.

I'm Paul Davies, often confused with the host of the Retro Asylum podcast! (Sorry, Paul!) But I'm the @florinthedwarf one you may find on Twitter and other sites 😊

Been a Spectrum fan since I first played on one, so since about three years old 😉 Owned other machines, Atari 65XE, Amiga, and a few consoles but Speccy is the one I hold dearest ❤️

Started writing reviews of my favourite Speccy games a few years ago for Retroyak.com and then more recently indieretronews.com. Have also had a few features published on Retrovideogramer.co.uk. I try to do at least one review each month for Indieretronews and would like to do a lot more, but work and kids make this very tricky and spare time is at a premium most of the time! Would love to write full time....we can all dream, right? 😜😉

Working on putting a book together of my reviews, though taking longer than expected (see above, RE: kids etc.) Will get there one day though!

Glad to be here. Looks like the place to be for everyone's Speccy needs 🤘
1 x

Sokurah
Berk

Post by Sokurah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am

I don't think I need much introduction as I see mostly familiar names all around :)

But here goes anyway: I'm Søren and I'm from Denmark. I'm 50 and got my first Spectrum in spring '83. I drink way too many beers (brew them too) & watch too much TV but somehow still manage to make games. The latest Spectrum one was Vallation & I have a remake of Sqij coming up soon.

Forum-wise I've been pro-Wos for a long time, but these days I'm "tired pro-WoS". I honestly wish there was only one forum (and no Facebook groups) and everyone would get along in the same place, instead of having such a fragmented community ... but sadly things "over there" aren't as friendly anymore (for various reasons - and Facebook is just useless in general), so that's why I've signed up here. I won't be posting much (I don't at Wos either) but there's a chance I'll cross-post when I do. One thing is for sure - I'm coming in with a positive attitude and I wish this forum the best. I also promise to not call anyone a ... Wally. Unless it's their username :D
1 x
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation & Sqij.
Twitter: Sokurah

ZXDunny
Berk

Post by ZXDunny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi! I'm ZXDunny, and I'm fairly certain you all know who I am.
3 x

deKay
Berk

Post by deKay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm

ZXDunny wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm
Hi! I'm ZXDunny, and I'm fairly certain you all know who I am.
You're definitely not Stonkers.
2 x

IgorDimovski
Berk

Post by IgorDimovski » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi!

I'm Igor, from Skopje, Macedonia.
2 x

jpnz
Berk

Post by jpnz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 am

Kia Ora!

Hiya, I'm Jim - born and bred from Dorset, now living in the "City Of The Future" - Hamilt[r]on, NZ

Good to see some of the former regulars posting again

Cheers
1 x