Introduce yourself!

General wibble, please play nice.
utz
Berk

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by utz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 am

Hello everybody,

I'm utz. I'm addicted to the ZX Spectrum beeper and I like to experiment with new ways of getting sound out of it.
Glad to see so many known names around here. I certainly wouldn't mind this place becoming a new, friendly hub for the ZX scene.
2 x

Uto
Berk

Post by Uto » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 am

Hi all,

I'm Carlos, aka Uto, from Madrid. Got a british 48K Spectrum back in 1984 and got in love with it at first sight :-)

Lately I've been quite involved (as fan) in some FPGA solutions, and I'm also learning Z80 assembler, or actually removing rust from the not very good Z80 assembler I knew back in the day.
2 x
http://uto.speccy.org
Follow me at @uto_dev

Alessandro
Berk

Post by Alessandro » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 am

Hi everyone, I just found this forum and decided to join in!

I have been a proud Spectrum user since January 1984, wrote a 702-pages book about it, and every now and then produce some games to boot.

Cheers! :D
3 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

Hello all!
Alessandro wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 am
Hi everyone, I just found this forum and decided to join in!

I have been a proud Spectrum user since January 1984, wrote a 702-pages book about it, and every now and then produce some games to boot.

Cheers! :D
But you're slacking a bit these days aren't you? ;)
1 x

Alessandro
Berk

Post by Alessandro » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 am

R-Tape wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am
But you're slacking a bit these days aren't you? ;)
Slacking? :lol:
1 x

Vampyre
Berk

Post by Vampyre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Hey guys. Most of you probably know who I am already :D

If you don't, I run the zxspectrumreviews.co.uk website (god, I wish I'd thought of a better name for that although the ZXSR acronym is useful) and have been around the scene for about 20 years. I wasn't actually aware of a forum on Spectrum Computing until, well, what's currently going on with WoSF and thought I'd join up as Peter's a good guy and him and the other developers deserve some credit for an excellent site.
3 x

1024MAK
Dizzy

Post by 1024MAK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Err, I'm not at all sure about joining a forum that is full of err, "Berks" (see the Rank on the membership list...)

But anyway... since this has become popular, and as I'm already consuming lots of time when I should be doing other stuff on WoS forums, Sinclair ZX World forums and many other forums, and as I already support SpectrumComputing.co.uk, it seemed only right that I should join the forums here.

My short history:
Discovered computers in the early 1980's when I was young (my goodness, that seems soooo long ago now...). Used the Acorn BBC Model B Micro in secondary school. After a lot of heavy hints, my parents bought my sister and me a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k for Christmas in 1983. Did the "play games to death" thing (well, until the pocket money ran out...).
In I think (or thereabouts) 1984, got a dk'tronics keyboard, as I was NOT impressed with the QL keyboard, or the Spectrum+ keyboard.

Later when I went to collage, the Speccy was sidelined, as I bought myself an Atari STFM. By now the Spectrum had been heavily modified in the power supply area (don't worry, the original ZX PSU now runs some Christmas lights) as the expansions became too power hungry for the Sinclair 1.4A PSU. The Speccy controlled a "rover" for a while.

Then got a PC. Speccy was retired to the loft. Most games had already been sold (some escaped!)

Then while browsing the web, found StarDot forums. So I wondered about the other computers of the 1980's, and then found WoS. Although I did not join at first. Instead falling in love with the ZX81! (for the first time, as back in 1982/1983, the Zeddy was perceived as "last years thing").

Oh, that's a bit long for a short version :lol:

So
10 PRINT "Hello" : GO TO 10

Mark

PS now have multiple rubber keys, multiple Spectrum+ machines, a couple of +2 (grey)'s, +2B, +3, +3B and a non-working toastrack. Plus various ZX81s and other 1980s and 1990s computers...
3 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello!
1024MAK wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm
Err, I'm not at all sure about joining a forum that is full of err, "Berks" (see the Rank on the membership list...)
We're after new suggestions for that.

Berk.
0 x

Guesser
Berk

Post by Guesser » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Oh go on then, you've twisted my arm.

Especially since I can use my original avatar that I lost when WoS switched to that awful new forum.
1 x
My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

Spud
Berk

Post by Spud » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 pm
Hello!
1024MAK wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm
We're after new suggestions for that.

Berk.
I did wonder, is it Berk from Trap Door?
0 x