General wibble, please play nice.
PROSM
Berk

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by PROSM » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Ast A. Moore wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm
Hear that, gentlemen? “Antiquated.” Tut-tut. Kids these days . . . :D
Thank your lucky stars I wasn't on about the ZX81! ;)
Ast A. Moore wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm
On a more serious note, welcome to the forums, @PROSM. Always nice to see young people expressing more than just superficial interest in “antiquated” platforms, but actively developing for them. Props to you, sir.
Thank you very much, @Ast A. Moore. Programming is certainly an entertaining hobby and one that always brings with it new opportunities and challenges for one to tackle. Hopefully, more young people will be able to get involved with the ZX Spectrum, thanks to tools such as AGD and Churrera.
Ivanzx wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm
:o :o what?? Scumm on the Spectrum?? Finally??? :o So looking forward to seeing it :)
It should be coming soon, but I can't make any promises about when yet.
Ivanzx wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm
And respect! It is really strange nowadays seeing a teenager interested in the Spectrum, let alone learning Z80 assembly ;)

We have also spoken in the ZX Dev forums too !
Yes, you're right. That was a great competition!
0 x
Past Games:
Cuboid Captor (2016)

Current Projects:
Currently working on a graphical adventure game for the Spectrum.

Seven.FFF
Berk

Post by Seven.FFF » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi folks!

Many of you know me from facebook under my real name, and from WoS as Colonel32.

Into 8-bit home computers from the ZX-81 onwards, sold some BBC Micro educational software. Had a Spectrum+ in 86 and a +3 in 88 but never had any published games.

Lived in Oxford since college apart from a stint in the US in the 90s. Now happily settled in Virginia.

I reconnected with the Speccy about a year ago almost by chance - one of my schoolmates was hanging out on Andrew Owen/Chev's facebook page, and I was blown away by what he was doing with SE BASIC and the Chloe.

Working on a bunch of NIRVANA+ games that often seem like they will never ever be finished - day programming job burns too many braincells. They will eventually, but don't hold your breath!

I have a Vega, ZX-Uno 2MB, a Next board on the way, and one of Djordje's Omni laptops on the way.

Cheers, Robs
2 x
Robin Verhagen-Guest
colonel32
seven-fff.com
threetwosevensixseven.com

Ast A. Moore
Dizzy

Post by Ast A. Moore » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:38 am

Seven.FFF wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Hi folks!

Many of you know me from facebook under my real name, and from WoS as Colonel32.
Cheers, mate!
1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 am

Hello!
Seven.FFF wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Working on a bunch of NIRVANA+ games that often seem like they will never ever be finished
You're nearly there in the demos I've seen, keep going!
1 x

andydansby
Berk

Post by andydansby » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:43 am

I might as well introduce myself.

I'm Andy Dansby from the USA, I'm one of the few American fans of the Speccy. I started out in 1983 with my Timex/Sinclair 2068 which was incompatible with most Spectrum software, only about 2-3% of games would work. With that Timex doomed themselves in the American market, no games. I rectified that by purchasing a ROM switching device which worked with a magnet on top of the computer and inserting a Spectrum ROM on top, slide the magnet and you had a Spectrum.

Fast forward a few years and I moved on to other computers, but started wandering back to Spectrum throughout various points in my life. I started posting and reading posts in the comp.sys.sinclair newgroups back in 1995. I got a quick mention in the comp.sys.sinclair Folklore FAQ :lol: for being one of the many Andy's in the newsgroup.

I had scanned, OCR'ed and uploaded various schematics I had purchased years earlier to Planet Sinclair and World of Spectrum back in 2002. I still remember using the ftp.ijs.si server (no longer in existence) to grab snapshots of games that I supposedly owned.

Fast forward a few years and I created the Xelda game just out of a personal challange and to try my hand again at trying to program and produce my first game as an adult. My only game as a kid was a dreadful basic game, I also made a Morse Code program which I programmed for the science fair and sold a few copies at a Ham Fest (amateur radio festival) on C-10 tapes. See I did eventually use my Speccy for homework.

Andy Dansby
2 x

chernandezba
Berk

Post by chernandezba » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 am

Hi!

I'm Cesar Hernandez Bano, author of ZEsarUX emulator. I've been using Sinclair machines since I was 5 years old: ZX-81, Speccy, QL, Inves Spectrum+ and Spectrum +2A.
I'm glad to see new Speccy forums like this, the Speccy scene is more alive than ever!

Cheers
Cesar
2 x

Ast A. Moore
Dizzy

Post by Ast A. Moore » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Welcome aboard, @andydansby and @chernandezba!

1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.