Atic Atac C64!

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Atic Atac C64!

Post by Pegaz »

A few days ago a fantastic Atic Atac c64 port was released.
Our old friend TomCat (Tomaz Kac) as a coder, along with a few other co-workers, pushed the limits again and brought this true gem to c64 fans.
I honestly didn't believe the Atic Atac could look this good on a c64 and I have to say it looks better than ever.
Such a good conversion could not have been done by anyone, other than a true Spectrum master like TomCat.
After the Ultimate ports (Knight Lore, Gunfright, Pentagram and Alien 8) for c64, I thought nothing could impress me anymore, but I was wrong - this is an absolutely stunnig job!
The game is free and can be downloaded here:
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/03/a ... assic.html
Ersh
Manic Miner

Re: Atic Atac C64!

Post by Ersh »

This looks absolutely fantastic! (I think I still prefer the Spectrum sound effects though).
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

I was following this project and the end result is majestic. The love for the original game is present on every bit.
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

The trapdoor falling effect is a little bit feeble, but otherwise I really like it!
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Had a great evening playing this C64 version a few nights ago. Smooth colourful graphics with all of the Spectrum gameplay thrown in. A few nice surprises to find and..... I'm not gonna spoil it.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

It's quite impressive, I must admit. Even though - heresy alert! - I've never actually liked the original. It was cute and quite advanced for its time, but endlessly respawing enemies in games are my pet peeve, same why I don't like Starqauke and quite a few other famous ZX games.