BBC Sounds: This Game Changed My Life

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
R-Tape
Site Admin

BBC Sounds: This Game Changed My Life

Post by R-Tape »

BBC Sounds is replaying a series from 2020 "This Game Changed My Life". Latest one is Charlie Brooker. It's not chock-full of insights, but it is a good laugh. He mentions the Speccy a tiny bit, an Amiga game that him and his brother never made, Bandersnatch, puts up a vigorous defence of pinball machines, and describes appearing as a character in a sniper game.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: BBC Sounds: This Game Changed My Life

Post by PeterJ »

I do miss the BBC iPlayer Radio Android app [mention]R-Tape[/mention]. Sounds is just so awful to navigate.
The only way I can see of getting the list of sitcoms is Search, then Comedy, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click sitcoms. I wish you could set-up shortcuts.

Sounds a good show though, I will listen. I believe BBC radio us freely available outside of the UK too
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I was happy with the iPlayer, but I have to admit that I really like 'Sounds'. It's worst at the start when your timeline is filled with the default suggestions of podcasts for young people.

I'm usually resistant to change. I remember getting really angry when they changed BBC radio 7 to 4extra, but now I love it and it's been proven to be the right decision.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:33 am I was happy with the iPlayer, but I have to admit that I really like 'Sounds'. It's worst at the start when your timeline is filled with the default suggestions of podcasts for young people.

I'm usually resistant to change. I remember getting really angry when they changed BBC radio 7 to 4extra, but now I love it and it's been proven to be the right decision.
I just love listening to the Gemma Collins Podcast......