Manic Miner 3D

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Manic Miner 3D

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Manic Miner 3D

Post by Morkin »

Heheh, nice - I like the atmosphere generated for the different levels.

Not too sure about the the rotating 3D view and gameplay (I'd think I'd find it very confusing). But it looks like a very nice 're-imagining' of the Speccy classic...
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Freespirit
Microbot

Post by Freespirit »

Wow, i thought this was a joke when it first started. Talented guy. Impressed i am.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

It's impressive. I like how the levels have been re-imagined around the permiter of a room, but I notice on the second level already it still has to allow you to jump up 'through' platforms, which rather spoils all the work in re-arrnaging the layouts; it may as well have just stayed all vertical.
Also the popping in and out of the nearest walls so you can see in needs to be switched to a fade as you get near the corner.
And Miner Willy's OK, but the re-designs of some of the enemies are a bit ghastly.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

Love it.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Evil Genius
Manic Miner

Post by Evil Genius »

I love the redesign of Eugene as a filthy urinal with spiders legs (dunno what the designer was smoking....) but why does he say 'sausages'?
ketmar
Manic Miner

Post by ketmar »

and now we need unreal engine and multigigabyte-multigigahertz gpus/cpus to play Manic Miner, that worked on 8-bit machine with 48K memory, and 3.5MHz clock. the quintessense of modern gaming.

p.s.: and the game itself is giving me an instant vertigo. all the expirience with 3d platforming is wasted, because Let's Re-Imagine Things.
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

ketmar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 am and now we need unreal engine and multigigabyte-multigigahertz gpus/cpus to play Manic Miner, that worked on 8-bit machine with 48K memory, and 3.5MHz clock. the quintessense of modern gaming.

p.s.: and the game itself is giving me an instant vertigo. all the expirience with 3d platforming is wasted, because Let's Re-Imagine Things.
Show me on the doll where the nasty developer hurt you.
ketmar
Manic Miner

Post by ketmar »

ZXDunny wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:26 pm Show me on the doll where the nasty developer hurt you.
you prolly didn't noticed that, but i didn't said a word about the dev. so, if i don't like something, and explained why exactly i don't like it (slightly too expressive, maybe), it always means that i HAET THE DEV HE HURTED ME OH NOES?

p.s.: if the dev is reading this, i can explain what is wrong with the game to my opinion, of course (after i deal with my vertigo, that is). but hey, didn't i allowed to criticize game development as a whole, using this thing as an example?
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

ketmar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:40 pm [snip]
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

I like it!

Steve
MtM
Dizzy

Post by MtM »

It has been mentioned on these forums before MM3D but worth mentioning it again.