Amiga Adventures

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Amiga Adventures

Post by PeterJ »

When I started College I got myself an Amiga 1200 to help with College work (ProText was the bees knees then!). Over the last couple of nights I have been setting up FS-UAE which is rather a nice emulator that runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.

But, what mega application I wanted to run needed at least 8MB FastRAM, and a 68020 accelerator??? I wonder........

Spoiler

An actively maintained ZX Spectrum emulator that runs on the Classic Amiga!

http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/ZXLive

Its actually rather good, and better than others I tried. There is an early version of Fuse, but it needs OS4.
RWAC
Manic Miner

Re: Amiga Adventures

Post by RWAC »

Thought this was going to be about Monkey Island! :D

I've been playing through Cannon Fodder on the Amiga. I'd forgotten how difficult it was. Mission 8 is a right pig!
clebin
Manic Miner

Re: Amiga Adventures

Post by clebin »

I'm a bit of an Amiga fanboy so it's great to hear there's an actively maintained Speccy emulator. I've tried a few in the past with mixed success.

I've got a few Amigas that exceed the minimum spec but the recommended spec includes a 68060. My favourite machine (and in the long run, one of the few I'll keep) is an A1200 with 42mhz 030 and 64mb RAM. It's got a beautiful CD32-themed case and keycaps which I got from a Kickstarter a couple of years back. I'll give this ZX-Live a go and see if it runs smoothly.