ZXDB based Open API

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.
Turrican
Berk
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by Turrican » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi Thomas.
Is the api in the magazine search case sensitive?
If you type "your spectrum" there is no result but "Your Spectrum" works.
In the general search the lower case works ok.
Thanks.
0 x

User avatar
kolbeck
Dizzy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by kolbeck » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:19 am

Hi,

Sorry for not seeing this!! (looks like I'm not getting any SC notifications at all).

In general ZXInfo API is case-insensitive, but as magazine was added later I might have forgot to do it properly. I will have a look at let you know
1 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/doc/ - ZXDB API for developers

User avatar
kolbeck
Dizzy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by kolbeck » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Hello @Turrican ,

Still working on this. Since the API has not been updated for quite some time, updating and getting to compile is not a trivial task - but i'm working on it and will keep you updated. In the mean time, which API endpoint do you use for the search?

BTW: Got an Android phone in my hand for the first time, and your app was the first installed - great work!

cheers
/Thomas
1 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/doc/ - ZXDB API for developers

Turrican
Berk
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by Turrican » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 pm

kolbeck wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 pm
Hello @Turrican ,

Still working on this. Since the API has not been updated for quite some time, updating and getting to compile is not a trivial task - but i'm working on it and will keep you updated. In the mean time, which API endpoint do you use for the search?

BTW: Got an Android phone in my hand for the first time, and your app was the first installed - great work!

cheers
/Thomas
Hi Thomas.
I´m using 2:
1-) /v2/search for General List
2-) /v2/magazines/{magazine-name}/issues for Magazine Search.

Regards!
0 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by PeterJ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:59 pm

kolbeck wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:19 am
Sorry for not seeing this!! (looks like I'm not getting any SC notifications at all).

Hi Thomas, could you try resubscribing to the topic? I checked and emails are being sent out to other users. Let me know if you still have issues.

Peter
0 x
The Spectrum Computing Christmas 2018 charity prize draw is now live!

User avatar
kolbeck
Dizzy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by kolbeck » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 am

Turrican wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 pm
...
Hi Thomas.
I´m using 2:
1-) /v2/search for General List
2-) /v2/magazines/{magazine-name}/issues for Magazine Search.

Regards!
OK - 2) is not a search function, but more a lookup. The idea back then was to use the list of magazines e.g. https://api.zxinfo.dk/api/zxinfo/v2/mag ... 0&offset=0 - and then use the name from here to do a specific lookup.

That said, I like the idea of a magazine oriented search, if you have any input let me know :-)

/Thomas
0 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/doc/ - ZXDB API for developers

Turrican
Berk
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by Turrican » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am

kolbeck wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 am
Turrican wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 pm
...
Hi Thomas.
I´m using 2:
1-) /v2/search for General List
2-) /v2/magazines/{magazine-name}/issues for Magazine Search.

Regards!
OK - 2) is not a search function, but more a lookup. The idea back then was to use the list of magazines e.g. https://api.zxinfo.dk/api/zxinfo/v2/mag ... 0&offset=0 - and then use the name from here to do a specific lookup.

That said, I like the idea of a magazine oriented search, if you have any input let me know :-)

/Thomas
Oh! I´m using it directly with the input from user. That´s why it´s working as case sensitive so. :)
0 x

User avatar
kolbeck
Dizzy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by kolbeck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am

Hi,

I'm working on a new "Magazine Search" function, will let you know when it's ready :-)

/Thomas
1 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/doc/ - ZXDB API for developers

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by PeterJ » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Has anyone used the API with Python? I'm struggling.
0 x
The Spectrum Computing Christmas 2018 charity prize draw is now live!

User avatar
kolbeck
Dizzy
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: ZXDB based Open API

Post by kolbeck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 pm

PeterJ wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm
Has anyone used the API with Python? I'm struggling.
Have you tried postman? It can generate python code snippets.

/Thomas
1 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/doc/ - ZXDB API for developers

Post Reply