Database model ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Database model ZXDB

Post by Einar Saukas »

A large ZXDB update is now available here!

Once again, this update containing lots of screenshots and playable files for recent game releases, and some additional new information.

Many thanks to Pavero for providing screenshots, R-Tape for cataloguing most new files, Radek Boruta for reporting a few more bugs in the original WoS data that I didn't notice before, hikoki for continuing to provide information I'm constantly adding to ZXDB, and everybody else that provided other contributions I probably forgot to mention!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] and all those who helped with this update.

SC has been updated with the new version.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.php?cat=301
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another ZXDB update is available here, adding even more playable files and screenshots!

Thanks again to all contributors, and especially R-Tape for doing most of the actual work to update ZXDB lately :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] and [mention]R-Tape[/mention] I will get that installed in the morning.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The excitement of a new release got the better of me, and I have now installed it on our server! Enjoy.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Excellent! Ta fellas.

A lot of things were added, more than I can be arsed to list, but here are a few notes:

All the new releases
Alessandro's update of Apulija13, replete with translations
The so far never released Monument Microgames variants of El Stompo (each has a different loader, level 3 and finale)
Lots of gaps filled post 2013, still plenty more though
Some choice CSS CGC entries -Chromatrons Attack (uses moire technique that makes most emulators fail) and Advanced Junglist Simulator (just try it)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A major ZXDB update is available here!

As usual, it contains lots of playable files, screenshots, and the latest games. Many thanks to all contributors (Pavero, R-Tape, and many others). And very special thanks to Thomas for all the hard work on mapping over 2,000 games to their corresponding links at Mobygames!!! :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Good morning

Spectrum Computing has been updated with the new version of ZXDB. Thanks for all involved in this update.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.php?cat=301
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

A bit more detail on the ZXDB/SC update ([mention]PeterJ[/mention] I'll give you more info next time so you can announce in your post)

The latest additions to ZXDB.
More screens than you can shake a stick at (assuming you wanted to shake a stick at them).
Various fixes and files.
Most of Kweepa's 2013 CGC entries. Most are not actually crap and are great examples of BASIC programming.
Retroworks permission (sorry we asked twice and forgot about it - for shame!). So now IANNA, Brunilda and the rest of their wayyyy above average games are available.
Ralf's old/new games.

Apologies: Missed this update but in the next.
Stormfinch TRD and SCL added, but the way to credit didn't meet the update, next one will have comments under the files crediting Denis Grachev & goodboy
Permission from APSIS c/o IvanZX
Retrobytes permission c/o IvanZX
About a hundred file changes for Alessandro :-p
Wrong date on Fantasy Zone.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A huge ZXDB update is available here!!!

Besides many playable files, screenshots, and information about latest games (thanks R-Tape, Pavero and others!), we also have more Mobygames links (thanks Thomas!), all cover artists credits (thanks Juan and others!), updated integration with latest RZX Archive (thanks Daren!), and lots other fixes and improvements I cannot remember right now :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

... and more details about this last update were provided here.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am Apologies: Missed this update but in the next.
[...]
About a hundred file changes for Alessandro :-p
Missed again :evil:
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Alessandro wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:12 pm Missed again :evil:
Not entirely, these have happened:
Put LIMS v1 into a .zip as historical dev material
Put Apulija13 v1 into a .zip as historical dev material
Sort out 'The Trunk'
These may have happened (I've lost track of all the new versions):
Update SCL,TRD, PDF for Sophia.
ADB: remove the TRD and PDF, add the new TRD,MGT,SCL, PDF
These definitely have not happened:
ADB: remove the Tape images
Remove LIMS TRD files.
Sorry Ale, we'll get it sorted but it may be a few days now :(
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

ADB: remove the Tape images
Remove LIMS TRD files.
This is now sorted (ta Peter), so just the disk updates to check.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Thanks for replying, I understand synchronizing the database is still a huge task. Will wait some more time then :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A new ZXDB update is now available here.

Hopefully this time we got right the dozens of files that Alessandro wants us to replace every couple weeks! :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A new ZXDB update is available here!

It contains new games, playable files and screenshots (thanks R-Tape and all contributors!), lots of new ZX81 information (thanks Thomas and Neil Parsons!), new RZX Archive content (thanks Daren!), and probably lots more content I forgot to mention! :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another ZXDB update is available here!

It contains lots of stuff, that R-Tape will describe later today :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] I will get the site updated this evening.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A huge ZXDB update is now available here!

This time, it contains over a thousand new titles and over a thousand new files. I will let R-Tape try to figure out and describe everything that has changed :)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

This time, it contains over a thousand new titles and over a thousand new files.
What? Where did you get 1000 missing titles? :o :)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Ralf wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 amWhat? Where did you get 1000 missing titles? :o :)
Peter just posted a detailed list of changes here. We have lots of people collaborating with ZXDB content now, so we are gathering new content faster than ever!

A few numbers:

* Exactly 5,108 new titles are now catalogued in ZXDB (including all available information about authors, publishers, etc). The original WoS archive catalogued 32,018 titles, therefore ZXDB titles increased 19%.

* Exactly 8,457 new files are now indexed in ZXDB. The original WoS archive indexed 96,126 files, therefore ZXDB files increased 8.8%.

* Exactly 1,650 author roles (programmer, artist, musician, etc) are now identified in ZXDB. The original WoS archive didn't distinguish any author roles.

* Exactly 19,484 new external references were added to ZXDB. The original WoS archive had 7,279 external references (1,009 Wikipedia references, 4,893 Tipshop references, 222 Lost in Translation references, and 1,155 Freebase references). ZXDB added 10,394 ZXSR references, 3,255 MobyGames references, 2,233 CASA references, 3,027 RZX Archive references, 651 ZX81Stuff references, 1,975 RZX YouTube Channel references, 107 ZX81 Youtube references, and a few others. Therefore integration with other websites is about 3.7 times larger than the original WoS archive. In practice, it means whenever you look at your favorite games at Spectrum Computing or ZX Info, you get many links to check additional information about the game almost everywhere else (including links to the old WoS archive).

Moreover, about 10 different Spectrum sites now support the same IDs from ZXDB (such as ZX-Art and Speccy Screenshot Maps), thus making it much easier to have automatic integration between all of them. There's also the ZX Pokemaster project (by Helga) that associates the entire TOSEC archive to their corresponding ZXDB entries, and the ZXDB API (by Thomas) that allows direct access to ZXDB from everywhere else.

I never thought this project would get so big! :)
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Einar Saukas wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:58 am I never thought this project would get so big! :)
It's big and beautiful :lol:

Thank you all for making ZXDB probably the best source for Sinclair related information.

I know you mentioned elsewhere, but it is also worth to mention that ZXDB has become a fab source for ZX81 as well - collection far more information about ZX81 releases, than seen before - including new releases, proper ZXPand and Chroma interface tagging, lots of screenshots, Youtube links etc.

/T
https://api.zxinfo.dk/v3/ - ZXDB API for developers
zxinfo-file-browser - Cross platform app to manage your files
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Good point!

Next ZXDB update will have information about more than 1,700 programs for the ZX81. Over half of this data was catalogued by [mention]kolbeck[/mention] alone :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Crikey [mention]R-Tape[/mention] the next update page will need to be serialised across 10 volumes!