Little bugs in the database 3

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderator: druellan

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Re: Little bugs in the database 3

Post by Alessandro »

The TZX tape dumps of 10 Computer Hits 5 are already in the database, therefore I don't see a reason not to include the +3 DSK disk dumps as well.

✓ Reviewed
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Run Baby Run

Original publisher should be Micro Gold as mentioned here, and the price was £2.75.
I'm not sure about this one.

The article from December 1983 says "it will be retailing its first releases, two Spectrum games called Race Ace and Run, Baby, Run, at £2.75".

It sounds it was just their plan. There's no confirmation that's how it really happened in the end.
0 x

StooB
Manic Miner

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:34 am

The article from December 1983 says "it will be retailing its first releases, two Spectrum games called Race Ace and Run, Baby, Run, at £2.75".

It sounds it was just their plan. There's no confirmation that's how it really happened in the end.
from the "Sinclair For Show" Facebook group:

0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:49 am
Einar Saukas wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:34 am

from the "Sinclair For Show" Facebook group:

Awesome, thank you!
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 am
I recently added Legends Of Bytes to ZXDB. This magazine is an excellent source of information about Speccy game authors! Someone fluent in Russian should be able to obtain lots of useful information still missing from our database.

It's currently published by a guy called Gennadiy. If someone has his contact information and could invite him to our forum, I bet he would enjoy participating in this thread :)
I noticed a printing mistake in this magazine: David Taylor's nickname is "Tink", not "Pink".

Except for this, everything else seem very accurate!
0 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Publishers Michael Orwin, M. Orwin and Orwin Software (UK) are the same person. Please can they be merged? I had the Spectrum Michael Orwin tapes when I was much younger. Wish I had kept some as they are MIA.

Evidence to back up change request:

0 x

kolbeck
Microbot

Post by kolbeck »

Yes, please add them :-) Main reason is that we only have the main title registered when we linked to zx81stuff site. I've already aligned with @Einar Saukas on how to add the content for those compilations, by adding each title separately - something that is on my current work list.

/Thomas
1 x
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
https://api.zxinfo.dk/ - ZXDB API for developers

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Centipoid Plus 3 should maybe become genre 'Compilation', rather than 'Arcade Game: Action' as it was four titles on one tape:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=9592

Evidence for request: Review in Home Computer Weekly:

0 x

Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Don't know if this is the right place but here goes.

The Spanish version of Sam Mallard currently in the database is 1.1 however the latest one is 1.11. The game can be downloaded from the link in my signature.

Also the game 'Elite' doesn't have an "Can be edited with" entry for 'Mostly Harmless – an Elite Save Game Editor'. Likewise 'Mostly Harmless' hasn't got "An editor for: Elite" entry.
✓ Reviewed
1 x