New WoS and ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Mike Davies
Microbot

Re: New WoS and ZXDB

Post by Mike Davies »

moroz1999 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm
2. PHP-FPM cannot be used instead of Apache. It can be used with Apache OR with nginx (or with any other web server). Am I wrong with this one?
PHP-FPM can be used instead of mod_php. Mod_php is an Apache extension that put the full PHP runtime into each Apache child process.

I don't think SC uses PHP-FPM, but HHVM instead. Which is a facebook-optimised PHP runtime.
0 x

polomint
Berk

Post by polomint »

@Mike Davies Yes we get that you know a lot about sh*te.. But guess what ( as you probably already know), different instances don't work the same way..... I run the same sh*te for over 100 thousand users across 15 countries, so I know that what you say is true, but not necessarily true for the sh*t I do.

Do not assume something that you have no idea about,.... ( I was told that at 8 yrs old, and it holds true today at 48 years old)..
0 x
So far, so meh :)

moroz1999
Manic Miner

Post by moroz1999 »

Mike Davies wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:53 pm
PHP-FPM can be used instead of mod_php. Mod_php is an Apache extension that put the full PHP runtime into each Apache child process.

I don't think SC uses PHP-FPM, but HHVM instead. Which is a facebook-optimised PHP runtime.
But you still need some http server, whether it is FPM or mod_php. And it is Apache on SC. And I am pretty sure that there is no HHVM on SC, there is Apache + PHP-FPM, which are effective enough for SC needs.
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf »

@polomint
I believe you are a friend of Richard and Lee.
So maybe tell them that wiping traces and pretending that they don't use ZXDB is simply stupid as
the evidence is overwhelming.
Maybe they'll listen to you if they don't want to talk to Einar and other people.

If they just admit it, this discussion will be over.
3 x

ketmar
Microbot

Post by ketmar »

Ralf wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:00 pm
it is too late. if they'll do it, they would have to admit that they were lying all along, and were trying to cover their traces. considering the hyperinflated ego of some WoS team members it is very unlikely that they will agree to accept their wrongdoings. even if we all will promise to never ever talk about that again. alas.
3 x

polomint
Berk

Post by polomint »

Ralf wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:00 pm
@polomint
I believe you are a friend of Richard and Lee.
So maybe tell them that wiping traces and pretending that they don't use ZXDB is simply stupid as
the evidence is overwhelming.
Maybe they'll listen to you if they don't want to talk to Einar and other people.

Yes, Ralf I am, but I don't care who is wrong or right, I will tell them to f*ckoff either way.

I have no allegiances, I don't care. I have more important things in life to care about.

I just wish that this could be sorted, quickly, amicable, and decently tbh.
0 x
So far, so meh :)

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf »

Just like all/most of us.
One remark - being silent won't sort it out.
4 x

Guesser
Microbot

Post by Guesser »

polomint wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:08 pm
I have no allegiances, I don't care. I have more important things in life to care about.
Hence posting belligerent responses on two forums instead of just ignoring it like all the other threads about things you don't care about... :roll:
10 x

Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Guesser wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:16 pm
polomint wrote:
Hence posting belligerent responses on two forums instead of just ignoring it like all the other threads about things you don't care about... :roll:
Exactly. Polo, I've enjoyed your posts on wos for a long time but you've come on here, and on WoS, and acted like the SC guys have done something wrong because they've dared to highlight some uncomfortable truths. If you truly don't care then leave this alone and let those who do continue.
Last edited by Vampyre on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

polomint wrote:
That's basically what I have been trying to do for the last 4 years. As I mentioned before, you will find literally hundreds of posts from me at WoS forum trying to make it happen.

I'm simply asking people to stop accusing me of "stealing" old WoS (when it was provided with consent), also give proper credit when using other people's contributions instead of trying to disguise it as their own. These are not unreasonable requests, are they?

Again, new WoS is welcome to use ZXDB, like everyone else. There's absolutely no need to do it in such a dishonest way.
16 x