Storing and listing improved and enhanced games?

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Re: Storing and listing improved and enhanced games?

Post by Nienn Heskil »

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 pm Wrong.

ZXDB always stores working download links for everything. Sites like SpectrumComputing can decide the links they will provide or not, based on their distribution policies, obtained permissions, etc.

When a certain file is unavailable at a certain SpectrumComputing page, quite often this file can be found at another ZXDB-based site (usually linked at the bottom of the game page). And vice-versa...
Alright. As we have clarified now, this predictably means 'there exist game files and other content with a special status, that are not linked and/or indexed in zxdb no matter what, even if there might be plenty of sites around that host them'. That practically ends this branch of discussion. I'm not even sure why you even came here to argue. :?

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 pm Do you honestly believe that just whining and complaining about our efforts is a good investment of your time, but trying to provide an useful suggestion would be wasting your time?
As long as site maintainers and the like continue to adhere to the flawed file sharing policy started by WoS - as long as they make it even worse for the end user - I see no such thing as an 'useful suggestion' for them in this regard.

Viewing some statements of fact specifically as 'whining and complaining' is entirely your choice, of course. :) I've mostly came here to correct what someone else said (if with a bit of kek), and could care less about the rest of this argument. If in doubt, please read back from the beginning.
+3code

Re: Storing and listing improved and enhanced games?

Post by +3code »

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:53 pm Now back on topic...

Turtle_Quality wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:07 pm It would also be nice to be able to find all fixes / enhancements available, instead of finding one if you happen to look at the right game.
About searching for MODs, notice that Advanced Search has an option to select "mod only".
I have found a few colour-mods here:
http://spectrum3.esy.es/Nueva%20Era/MODS/MODS.html
Also, not sure if SC has all of them.