How can we help with ZXDB?

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: How can we help with ZXDB?

Post by Ralf »

Anyway, just have a read people.

https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... tal-nazism

EDITED by admin - Ralf I'll send you a PM.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Just to say the admins will have a chat after work, there are a few issues to go through and we will need to explain what's happened. Please can we avoid personal comments about C.Borne.

I think I'm getting gallstones.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I just want to say that I accept my comment being edited. I'll try to choose my words very carefully in future, similar cases.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Ralf wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:20 pm I just want to say that I accept my comment being edited. I'll try to choose my words very carefully in future, similar cases.
Thank you!!!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pmJust to say the admins will have a chat after work, there are a few issues to go through and we will need to explain what's happened.
This subject was brought to a ZXDB thread, therefore I'm feeling almost obliged to post about it. However I'm holding my tongue until I know all the facts, before I post my opinion here.

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pmI think I'm getting gallstones.
And now you know how I felt whenever I had to debate ZXDB in another forum! :)
Nomad
Manic Miner

Post by Nomad »

I feel sorry for moderators/admin in situations like this. Still look at the positive side of this - it could have been a lot worse. And for every guy that leaves under a cloud there are many more that are happy to contribute and share.

You can't force people to be happy/behave. Best thing you can do is manage the drama as much as possible and contain the fallout.

One thing that is nice compared to other communities is spectrum people for the most part seem very tolerant and welcoming people. It's also very lively with lots of interactions. You look at other retro communities and they do not have such life or have what the hippies would term 'toxic' communities :lol:

You get isolated problems but for the most part speccy people are good eggs.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Still, I think people are making assumptions without knowing all the facts. But I don't know all the facts either, so I will continue to hold my tongue for now.