ZXDB and ZX-Art

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: ZXDB and ZX-Art

Post by Einar Saukas »

moroz1999 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pmSeems like releases.releases_seq has been changed after all? So my key strings based on entry_id + release_seq are now wrong and pointing to wrong releases?
My apologies. Old WoS had quite a few cases of incorrectly ordered releases, such as a re-release #3 from 1984 and re-release #4 from 1983. They were all fixed a while ago at once.

I can give you a list of all these changes, so you can easily update your database accordingly.

moroz1999 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pmThis is why ID number is better than some combinations of properties. You can assign another entry_id, you can rearrange releases by changing release_seq, but releases would have stayed the same.
If I added a single ID to all releases now, I don't think it would help. Reordering releases won't happen again, all incorrectly ordered releases were already done. Except for this, every other change related to releases are either merging two releases, splitting a release in two, replacing a publisher, moving a publisher to another release, etc.