New Database Model ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: New Database Model ZXDB

Post by R-Tape »

Einar would like to dedicate this update to Kosmic Kanga by Micromania, his favourite game of all time.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another ZXDB update is available!

This time it contains lots of bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new magazines (thanks [mention]Andre Leao[/mention]!), indexed Load'n'Run issues (thanks [mention]wallyweek[/mention]!) and probably more stuff I'm forgetting to mention :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention],

I will update the site later today.

Peter
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Hi Einar,

Looks like there is a problem running ZXDB_help_search.sql - it gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 18: Duplicate entry 'ar cnidos-5147' for key 'PRIMARY'
As far as I can see, the problem is that entry 18241 has alias, which happens to be the the same title as entry 5147 ?

/Thomas
https://api.zxinfo.dk/v3/ - ZXDB API for developers
zxinfo-file-browser - Cross platform app to manage your files
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Thanks for the update, as usual!

Personally I'm really happy about indexing Load'n'Run. Now you can see all titles on each cassette and
in the case of cracks there is even a proper name of of the cracked game, along with the name of the crack.

Could we push it a bit more? ;)

Now when I check for example Load'n'Run 26:
https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/ent ... n_issue_26

I can see at the top of the list that it contains "Esploratore lunare" which is in fact Nodes of Yesod.

When I type "Esploratore lunare" into the search it returns indeed Nodes of Yesod.
But Nodes of Yesod entry itself don't have info that it was released on Load'n'Run under different title.

Type "Esploratore" into search - you'll get Nodes of Yesod and Sabre Wulf ;) "Why???" someone could ask.
It may be really confusing for someone who doesn't know the story behind Italian cracks.

Would it be possible to add "Released unofficially as XXX on LOAD'N'Run NN' on entries of such games?
Or something like that?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

kolbeck wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 am Hi Einar,

Looks like there is a problem running ZXDB_help_search.sql - it gives me the following error:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 18: Duplicate entry 'ar cnidos-5147' for key 'PRIMARY'
As far as I can see, the problem is that entry 18241 has alias, which happens to be the the same title as entry 5147 ?

/Thomas
Thanks for the heads up [mention]kolbeck[/mention]. I will hang fire on updating SC.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

kolbeck wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 am Looks like there is a problem running ZXDB_help_search.sql - it gives me the following error:

Thanks for reporting it!!!

I'm currently traveling so I cannot fix it right now, but here's an easy workaround. After importing ZXDB, just before running "ZXDB_help_search.sql", execute this:

update compilations set alias=null where alias='Aracnidos';
kolbeck wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 am As far as I can see, the problem is that entry 18241 has alias, which happens to be the the same title as entry 5147 ?
The exact problem is that both entries have aliases that are mispellings of the main title (same letters but missing accentuation). Because of this, GROUP BY recognizes them as 2 different names, but the collation used in this table recognizes them as the same. Later I will have to figure out how to use collation in this query!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Ralf wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 am Thanks for the update, as usual!

Personally I'm really happy about indexing Load'n'Run. Now you can see all titles on each cassette and
in the case of cracks there is even a proper name of of the cracked game, along with the name of the crack.

Could we push it a bit more? ;)

Now when I check for example Load'n'Run 26:
https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/ent ... n_issue_26

I can see at the top of the list that it contains "Esploratore lunare" which is in fact Nodes of Yesod.

When I type "Esploratore lunare" into the search it returns indeed Nodes of Yesod.
But Nodes of Yesod entry itself don't have info that it was released on Load'n'Run under different title.

Type "Esploratore" into search - you'll get Nodes of Yesod and Sabre Wulf ;) "Why???" someone could ask.
It may be really confusing for someone who doesn't know the story behind Italian cracks.

Would it be possible to add "Released unofficially as XXX on LOAD'N'Run NN' on entries of such games?
Or something like that?
Good point!

This is now fixed in both main and compact views:

https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/ent ... s_of_Yesod
https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/alt ... s_of_Yesod
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Good point!
This is now fixed in both main and compact views
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a lot!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

You are welcome!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

For people running sites based on ZXDB:

The column "notes.is_zxsr" is not used anymore and it will be removed in the next ZXDB release.

Please ensure you don't use it in your system before the next update!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Yet another ZXDB update is available!

This time we have a HUGE update. We created more than 550Kb of database scripts (about 1200 SQL statements) just for this version! As usual, it contains a lot of bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new titles (thanks [mention]R-Tape[/mention]!), and lots of additional content from many other contributors.

Thanks everyone!!!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

That makes #93! (plus the as yet uncounted BSCE* ones).

*Before Spectrum Computing Era
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A new ZXDB update is available!

This release is really HUGE. It contains dozens of new titles (thanks [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), hundreds of bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), over a thousand new hires inlays (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention] again!), and lots more content from other contributors (thanks everyone!)

I previously wrote that the last update was huge. with more than 550Kb of database scripts (about 1200 SQL statements). This time, it's about twice the size: more than 900Kb of database scripts (about 2000 SQL statements).

However this update was so huge that I didn't have time to include everything that people sent me. In particular, there are still hundreds more bugfixes that [mention]druellan[/mention] prepared, that I didn't merge yet. I will continue to work on the remaining material and I'm planning another ZXDB update next week, with even more content. Therefore if you notice a bugfix marked as fixed, that's not ZXDB yet, please wait for another ZXDB update before pointing it out. My apologies for the delay!
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Hope all that ATM information that alonecoder helped me with (screenshots, new titles, corrections) makes it on the next update.
But no rush, these things take time to cross reference and validate. Better be "slow" than to add incorrect information!
:D
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

4thRock wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm Hope all that ATM information that alonecoder helped me with (screenshots, new titles, corrections) makes it on the next update.
But no rush, these things take time to cross reference and validate. Better be "slow" than to add incorrect information!
:D
I will add everything ASAP. My apologies for taking so long!
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Hi [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] - just a heads-up, when importing ZXDB_help_search.sql i get the following error:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 18: Duplicate entry 'incursi�na�rea-2241' for key 'PRIMARY'
/Thomas
name-the-game
Drutt

Post by name-the-game »

Hello

The latest version of ZXDB, still has all these files incorrectly linked to missing files/paths in the "World of Spectrum June 2017 Mirror" dump:

ZXDB_ID:13713 pub\sinclair\magazines\SinclairUser\Issue092\TapeB
ZXDB_ID:14484 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\l\LingoteEl.zip
ZXDB_ID:25033 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\c\ClasicosSpectrum-DisenadorDeJuegos+OsoBobo+Comecocos+Misiles.zip
ZXDB_ID:28148 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen1-LosGases_LeyDeBoyle-Mariotte.zip
ZXDB_ID:28148 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen1-LosGases_LeyDeGay-Lussac.zip
ZXDB_ID:28149 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen2-CaidaDeLosCuerposYCorrienteContinua_CorrienteContinua-LeyDeOhm.zip
ZXDB_ID:28149 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen2-CaidaDeLosCuerposYCorrienteContinua_PlanosInclinados-CaidaLibre.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000034 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\b\BetaDiskInterface_UserManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.html.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.txt
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000117 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\d\DISCiPLEInterface_Folder.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000193 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXInterface2_Flyer.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000193 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXInterface2_Flyer2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000252 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXMicrodrive_Flyer.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000486 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum48K_NordiskVersion.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000489 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum128+2_2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000496 pub\sinclair\technical-docs\ZXSpectrum128+2b-+3b_ServiceManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000496 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum128+3_2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000921 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\b\BRGMCTapeDriveSystem3810A_C64Cable.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000084 pub\sinclair\books\u\UsborneGuideToComputerJargon-Illustrated(LenguajeDeLasComputadoresEl)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000190 pub\sinclair\books\i\InstantSpectrumProgramming_Tape.jpg
ZXDB_ID:2000190 pub\sinclair\books\i\InstantSpectrumProgramming_Tape.mp3.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000198 pub\sinclair\books\i\IntroductionToComputerProgramming-BASICForBeginners(ProgramacionDeComputadores)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000235 pub\sinclair\books\m\MasterYourZXMicrodrive(WerkenMetDeZXMicrodrive)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000262 pub\sinclair\books\m\MysteryOfSilverMountainThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000267 pub\sinclair\books\o\OverTheSpectrum(BASIC-ProgrammasVoorDeZXSpectrum)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000280 pub\sinclair\books\p\PracticalThingsToDoWithAMicrocomputer(AmpliandoTumicrocomputadora)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000282 pub\sinclair\books\p\PractiseYourBASIC(PracticaTuBASIC)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000292 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammingTheZ80(ProgramacionDelZ80)(EdicionesAnayaMultimediaS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000301 pub\sinclair\books\q\QLAdvancedUserGuide.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000302 pub\sinclair\books\q\QLAssemblyLanguageProgramming.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000314 pub\sinclair\books\q\QuickQLMachineLanguage.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000342 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectacularGamesForYourZXSpectrum(SpectaculaireSpelenVoorUwZX-Spectrum)(Omikron).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000355 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumGraphicsAndSound.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000356 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumHandbookThe(ZXSpectrum-QueEsParaQueSirveYComoSeUsa)(EditorialNorayS.A.)_Edition2.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000357 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumHardwareManual(ZXSpectrumHardwareBoek)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000360 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumMachineCode(MachineCodeMetDeZXSpectrum)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000365 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumMicrodriveBook.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000366 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumOperatingSystemThe(ProgramacionAvanzadaDelZXSpectrum)(EdicionesAnayaMultimediaS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000375 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumSpectacular(SpectrumSpektakular)(HueberSoftware).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000388 pub\sinclair\books\s\SuperChargeYourSpectrum_Errata.jpg
ZXDB_ID:2000400 pub\sinclair\books\u\UnderstandingYourSpectrum.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000431 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z-80And8080AssemblyLanguageProgramming.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming_2ndEdition.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming_3rdEdition.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming(SinclairZXSpectrumBASIC-Programmierung)(VerlagCooperation).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+Gebruikshandleiding).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+GuideDeLUtilisateur).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+HandbuchFurBenutzer).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000448 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+3Manual.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000495 pub\sinclair\books\r\RainbowBookOfBASICProgramsThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000506 pub\sinclair\books\u\UsborneGuideToComputerAndVideoGames(JuegosDeComputadores)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000507 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z80AssemblyLanguageProgrammingForStudents(CursusZ-80Assembleertaal)(AcademicService).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000511 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum128Introduction.html.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000511 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum128Introduction.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000512 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumIntroduction(SinclairZXSpectrumEinfuhrung)(VerlagCooperation).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000539 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumNederlandstaligHandboek.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000618 pub\sinclair\books\s\SinclairProgramme-ZX81.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000622 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z80Applications.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000625 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZX81-PraktischeTipsProgrammasBASIC.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000630 pub\sinclair\books\m\MirkoTipkaNaRadirko.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000630 pub\sinclair\books\m\MirkoTipkaNaRadirko(GlePericuKucaNaGumicu)(MojMikroSB).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000648 pub\sinclair\books\l\LerenOmgaanMetDeZXSpectrum.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000660 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum-PraktischeTipsProgrammasBASIC.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000666 pub\sinclair\books\t\ToepassingenEnSpellenVoorDeZX81.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000732 pub\sinclair\books\l\LAssembleurFacileDuZ80.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000732 pub\sinclair\books\l\LAssembleurFacileDuZ80(ProgramacionDelZ80ConEnsamblador)(ParaninfoS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000758 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpektrumPrirucnik.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000876 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000877 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek2.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000878 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek3.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000879 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek4.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000925 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZX80OperatingManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000980 pub\sinclair\books\c\CompleteTimexTS1000-SinclairZX81ROMDisassemblyThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001096 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z-80WorkshopManualA.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001128 pub\sinclair\books\m\MicrosAreFun.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001139 pub\sinclair\books\m\MicrocomputadorCursoBasico.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001252 pub\sinclair\books\t\TradeSecret.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001320 pub\sinclair\books\p\PhoenixComputerCribCard.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001344 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+2Manual(HandboekVoorZXSpectrum128+2)(TerminalSoftwarePublicaties).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001348 pub\sinclair\books\o\OdrzavanjeIOpravkaSpectrum-aICommodore-a.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001399 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammierenMitHochauflosenderGrafik(40GrafischeProgrammasVoorDeZXSpectrum)(AcademicService).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001401 pub\sinclair\books\m\MachinetaalZ-80.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001423 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammersCP-MHandbookThe(CP-MManualParaProgramadores)(McGraw-HillES).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001424 pub\sinclair\books\m\MioPrimoLibroDiBASICIl(MiPrimerLibroDeBASIC)(EdicionesGeneralesAnayaS.A.).zip

Should anyone want to fix those entries.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Einar Saukas wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:54 pm
However this update was so huge that I didn't have time to include everything that people sent me. In particular, there are still hundreds more bugfixes that @druellan prepared, that I didn't merge yet. I will continue to work on the remaining material and I'm planning another ZXDB update next week, with even more content. Therefore if you notice a bugfix marked as fixed, that's not ZXDB yet, please wait for another ZXDB update before pointing it out. My apologies for the delay!
How does it look with your promised update, [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] ?

A queue of new materials is really huge again. ;-)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another large ZXDB update is available!

As usual, it contains new titles (thanks both [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks again [mention]pavero[/mention]!), more bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), and other content (thanks everybody else!)

There are even more bugfixes previously provided by [mention]druellan[/mention], and a few more content provided by others, still waiting to be released. My apologies for the delay! I have been trying to process everything ASAP, but we are getting so much new content lately that's hard to keep up. I hope to get everything done for the next update.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Yet another large ZXDB release is now available!

Like in other recent releases, it contains new titles (thanks both [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks again [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), and other content (thanks everybody else!)

I finally finished processing the huge list of bugfixes that [mention]druellan[/mention] sent me a while ago. In the meantime he probably accumulated another huge list to send me now :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention],

I will process the update now.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A small ZXDB update was released today!

I'm trying to get back to release smaller updates more frequently. Let's see how it goes :)

Many thanks to the usual contributors!
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Updated on my side 8-)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another large ZXDB update is available!

This release contains lots of new content provided by [mention]pavero[/mention], [mention]R-Tape[/mention], [mention]druellan[/mention], [mention]kolbeck[/mention], [mention]PROSM[/mention], and others. Thanks everyone!!!