New Database Model ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: New Database Model ZXDB

Post by Einar Saukas »

For people running sites based on ZXDB:

The column "notes.is_zxsr" is not used anymore and it will be removed in the next ZXDB release.

Please ensure you don't use it in your system before the next update!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Yet another ZXDB update is available!

This time we have a HUGE update. We created more than 550Kb of database scripts (about 1200 SQL statements) just for this version! As usual, it contains a lot of bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new titles (thanks [mention]R-Tape[/mention]!), and lots of additional content from many other contributors.

Thanks everyone!!!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

That makes #93! (plus the as yet uncounted BSCE* ones).

*Before Spectrum Computing Era
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A new ZXDB update is available!

This release is really HUGE. It contains dozens of new titles (thanks [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), hundreds of bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), over a thousand new hires inlays (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention] again!), and lots more content from other contributors (thanks everyone!)

I previously wrote that the last update was huge. with more than 550Kb of database scripts (about 1200 SQL statements). This time, it's about twice the size: more than 900Kb of database scripts (about 2000 SQL statements).

However this update was so huge that I didn't have time to include everything that people sent me. In particular, there are still hundreds more bugfixes that [mention]druellan[/mention] prepared, that I didn't merge yet. I will continue to work on the remaining material and I'm planning another ZXDB update next week, with even more content. Therefore if you notice a bugfix marked as fixed, that's not ZXDB yet, please wait for another ZXDB update before pointing it out. My apologies for the delay!
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Hope all that ATM information that alonecoder helped me with (screenshots, new titles, corrections) makes it on the next update.
But no rush, these things take time to cross reference and validate. Better be "slow" than to add incorrect information!
:D
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

4thRock wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm Hope all that ATM information that alonecoder helped me with (screenshots, new titles, corrections) makes it on the next update.
But no rush, these things take time to cross reference and validate. Better be "slow" than to add incorrect information!
:D
I will add everything ASAP. My apologies for taking so long!
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Hi [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] - just a heads-up, when importing ZXDB_help_search.sql i get the following error:

Code: Select all

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 18: Duplicate entry 'incursi�na�rea-2241' for key 'PRIMARY'
/Thomas
https://api.zxinfo.dk/v3/ - ZXDB API for developers
zxinfo-file-browser - Cross platform app to manage your files
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
name-the-game
Drutt

Post by name-the-game »

Hello

The latest version of ZXDB, still has all these files incorrectly linked to missing files/paths in the "World of Spectrum June 2017 Mirror" dump:

ZXDB_ID:13713 pub\sinclair\magazines\SinclairUser\Issue092\TapeB
ZXDB_ID:14484 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\l\LingoteEl.zip
ZXDB_ID:25033 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\c\ClasicosSpectrum-DisenadorDeJuegos+OsoBobo+Comecocos+Misiles.zip
ZXDB_ID:28148 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen1-LosGases_LeyDeBoyle-Mariotte.zip
ZXDB_ID:28148 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen1-LosGases_LeyDeGay-Lussac.zip
ZXDB_ID:28149 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen2-CaidaDeLosCuerposYCorrienteContinua_CorrienteContinua-LeyDeOhm.zip
ZXDB_ID:28149 pub\sinclair\games-inlays\Compilations\p\PatagorasVolumen2-CaidaDeLosCuerposYCorrienteContinua_PlanosInclinados-CaidaLibre.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000034 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\b\BetaDiskInterface_UserManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.html.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.txt
ZXDB_ID:1000080 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\c\CurrahMicroSource_Manual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000117 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\d\DISCiPLEInterface_Folder.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000193 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXInterface2_Flyer.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000193 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXInterface2_Flyer2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000252 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXMicrodrive_Flyer.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000486 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum48K_NordiskVersion.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000489 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum128+2_2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000496 pub\sinclair\technical-docs\ZXSpectrum128+2b-+3b_ServiceManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000496 pub\sinclair\hardware-adverts\z\ZXSpectrum128+3_2.zip
ZXDB_ID:1000921 pub\sinclair\hardware-info\b\BRGMCTapeDriveSystem3810A_C64Cable.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000084 pub\sinclair\books\u\UsborneGuideToComputerJargon-Illustrated(LenguajeDeLasComputadoresEl)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000190 pub\sinclair\books\i\InstantSpectrumProgramming_Tape.jpg
ZXDB_ID:2000190 pub\sinclair\books\i\InstantSpectrumProgramming_Tape.mp3.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000198 pub\sinclair\books\i\IntroductionToComputerProgramming-BASICForBeginners(ProgramacionDeComputadores)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000235 pub\sinclair\books\m\MasterYourZXMicrodrive(WerkenMetDeZXMicrodrive)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000262 pub\sinclair\books\m\MysteryOfSilverMountainThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000267 pub\sinclair\books\o\OverTheSpectrum(BASIC-ProgrammasVoorDeZXSpectrum)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000280 pub\sinclair\books\p\PracticalThingsToDoWithAMicrocomputer(AmpliandoTumicrocomputadora)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000282 pub\sinclair\books\p\PractiseYourBASIC(PracticaTuBASIC)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000292 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammingTheZ80(ProgramacionDelZ80)(EdicionesAnayaMultimediaS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000301 pub\sinclair\books\q\QLAdvancedUserGuide.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000302 pub\sinclair\books\q\QLAssemblyLanguageProgramming.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000314 pub\sinclair\books\q\QuickQLMachineLanguage.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000342 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectacularGamesForYourZXSpectrum(SpectaculaireSpelenVoorUwZX-Spectrum)(Omikron).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000355 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumGraphicsAndSound.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000356 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumHandbookThe(ZXSpectrum-QueEsParaQueSirveYComoSeUsa)(EditorialNorayS.A.)_Edition2.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000357 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumHardwareManual(ZXSpectrumHardwareBoek)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000360 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumMachineCode(MachineCodeMetDeZXSpectrum)(KluwerTechnischeBoeken).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000365 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumMicrodriveBook.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000366 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumOperatingSystemThe(ProgramacionAvanzadaDelZXSpectrum)(EdicionesAnayaMultimediaS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000375 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpectrumSpectacular(SpectrumSpektakular)(HueberSoftware).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000388 pub\sinclair\books\s\SuperChargeYourSpectrum_Errata.jpg
ZXDB_ID:2000400 pub\sinclair\books\u\UnderstandingYourSpectrum.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000431 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z-80And8080AssemblyLanguageProgramming.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming_2ndEdition.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming_3rdEdition.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000438 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumBASICProgramming(SinclairZXSpectrumBASIC-Programmierung)(VerlagCooperation).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+Gebruikshandleiding).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+GuideDeLUtilisateur).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000446 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+UserGuide(ZXSpectrum+HandbuchFurBenutzer).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000448 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+3Manual.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000495 pub\sinclair\books\r\RainbowBookOfBASICProgramsThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000506 pub\sinclair\books\u\UsborneGuideToComputerAndVideoGames(JuegosDeComputadores)(EditorialPlesa).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000507 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z80AssemblyLanguageProgrammingForStudents(CursusZ-80Assembleertaal)(AcademicService).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000511 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum128Introduction.html.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000511 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum128Introduction.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000512 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumIntroduction(SinclairZXSpectrumEinfuhrung)(VerlagCooperation).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000539 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrumNederlandstaligHandboek.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000618 pub\sinclair\books\s\SinclairProgramme-ZX81.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000622 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z80Applications.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000625 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZX81-PraktischeTipsProgrammasBASIC.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000630 pub\sinclair\books\m\MirkoTipkaNaRadirko.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000630 pub\sinclair\books\m\MirkoTipkaNaRadirko(GlePericuKucaNaGumicu)(MojMikroSB).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000648 pub\sinclair\books\l\LerenOmgaanMetDeZXSpectrum.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000660 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum-PraktischeTipsProgrammasBASIC.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000666 pub\sinclair\books\t\ToepassingenEnSpellenVoorDeZX81.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000732 pub\sinclair\books\l\LAssembleurFacileDuZ80.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000732 pub\sinclair\books\l\LAssembleurFacileDuZ80(ProgramacionDelZ80ConEnsamblador)(ParaninfoS.A.).zip
ZXDB_ID:2000758 pub\sinclair\books\s\SpektrumPrirucnik.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000876 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000877 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek2.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000878 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek3.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000879 pub\sinclair\books\c\Csupajatek4.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000925 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZX80OperatingManual.zip
ZXDB_ID:2000980 pub\sinclair\books\c\CompleteTimexTS1000-SinclairZX81ROMDisassemblyThe.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001096 pub\sinclair\books\z\Z-80WorkshopManualA.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001128 pub\sinclair\books\m\MicrosAreFun.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001139 pub\sinclair\books\m\MicrocomputadorCursoBasico.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001252 pub\sinclair\books\t\TradeSecret.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001320 pub\sinclair\books\p\PhoenixComputerCribCard.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001344 pub\sinclair\books\z\ZXSpectrum+2Manual(HandboekVoorZXSpectrum128+2)(TerminalSoftwarePublicaties).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001348 pub\sinclair\books\o\OdrzavanjeIOpravkaSpectrum-aICommodore-a.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001399 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammierenMitHochauflosenderGrafik(40GrafischeProgrammasVoorDeZXSpectrum)(AcademicService).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001401 pub\sinclair\books\m\MachinetaalZ-80.zip
ZXDB_ID:2001423 pub\sinclair\books\p\ProgrammersCP-MHandbookThe(CP-MManualParaProgramadores)(McGraw-HillES).zip
ZXDB_ID:2001424 pub\sinclair\books\m\MioPrimoLibroDiBASICIl(MiPrimerLibroDeBASIC)(EdicionesGeneralesAnayaS.A.).zip

Should anyone want to fix those entries.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Einar Saukas wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:54 pm
However this update was so huge that I didn't have time to include everything that people sent me. In particular, there are still hundreds more bugfixes that @druellan prepared, that I didn't merge yet. I will continue to work on the remaining material and I'm planning another ZXDB update next week, with even more content. Therefore if you notice a bugfix marked as fixed, that's not ZXDB yet, please wait for another ZXDB update before pointing it out. My apologies for the delay!
How does it look with your promised update, [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] ?

A queue of new materials is really huge again. ;-)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another large ZXDB update is available!

As usual, it contains new titles (thanks both [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks again [mention]pavero[/mention]!), more bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), and other content (thanks everybody else!)

There are even more bugfixes previously provided by [mention]druellan[/mention], and a few more content provided by others, still waiting to be released. My apologies for the delay! I have been trying to process everything ASAP, but we are getting so much new content lately that's hard to keep up. I hope to get everything done for the next update.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Yet another large ZXDB release is now available!

Like in other recent releases, it contains new titles (thanks both [mention]R-Tape[/mention] and [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new hires inlays (thanks again [mention]pavero[/mention]!), new bugfixes (thanks [mention]druellan[/mention]!), and other content (thanks everybody else!)

I finally finished processing the huge list of bugfixes that [mention]druellan[/mention] sent me a while ago. In the meantime he probably accumulated another huge list to send me now :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention],

I will process the update now.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A small ZXDB update was released today!

I'm trying to get back to release smaller updates more frequently. Let's see how it goes :)

Many thanks to the usual contributors!
kolbeck
Manic Miner

Post by kolbeck »

Updated on my side 8-)
https://api.zxinfo.dk/v3/ - ZXDB API for developers
zxinfo-file-browser - Cross platform app to manage your files
https://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB frontend
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another large ZXDB update is available!

This release contains lots of new content provided by [mention]pavero[/mention], [mention]R-Tape[/mention], [mention]druellan[/mention], [mention]kolbeck[/mention], [mention]PROSM[/mention], and others. Thanks everyone!!!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention],

I'm have broadband issues currently (engineer coming today), so will update the site later in the week.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Another ZXDB update is available!

There are several new magazines this time. Many thanks to [mention]pavero[/mention], [mention]kolbeck[/mention], [mention]druellan[/mention] and everyone else that provided contributions!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A new ZXDB update is available!

It contains mostly new titles (thanks [mention]R-Tape[/mention]!) and new content (thanks [mention]pavero[/mention]!).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Einar Saukas wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:16 pm A new ZXDB update is available!

It contains mostly new titles (thanks @R-Tape!) and new content (thanks @pavero!).
Thanks for this. Will upgrade site on Monday or Tuesday.
mikeynma
Drutt

Post by mikeynma »

Hi,

I am currently trying to restore the database but I get this error:

ERROR 3812 (HY000) at line 212701: An expression of non-boolean type specified to a check constraint 'ck_group_ranges'
I am trying it with MySQL 8 and Table Plus

Michael
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]mikeynma[/mention],

I just updated our site but didn't have any issues. I'm sure [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] will come back to you.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

mikeynma wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 am

ERROR 3812 (HY000) at line 212701: An expression of non-boolean type specified to a check constraint 'ck_group_ranges'
It seems this version of MySQL doesn't support check constraints using "CASE WHEN". I will modify this constraint in the next ZXDB update.

In the meantime, this constraint is not really necessary, you can simply delete it. Using a text editor, delete line 212711 and remove the final comma from the previous line. It means changing this:

CONSTRAINT `fk_group_type` FOREIGN KEY (`grouptype_id`) REFERENCES `grouptypes` (`id`),
  CONSTRAINT `ck_group_ranges` CHECK (case when `grouptype_id` = 'U' then `id` < 1000 when `grouptype_id` = 'F' then `id` between 1000 and 1999 when `grouptype_id` = 'C' then `id` between 2000 and 2999 when `grouptype_id` = 'S' then (`id` < 1000 or `id` between 3000 and 3999) when `grouptype_id` in ('L','X') then `id` between 4000 and 4999 when `grouptype_id` = 'T' then `id` between 5000 and 5999 else `id` >= 6000 end)
to this:

CONSTRAINT `fk_group_type` FOREIGN KEY (`grouptype_id`) REFERENCES `grouptypes` (`id`)
Afterwards import this file again.
mikeynma
Drutt

Post by mikeynma »

[mention]Einar Saukas[/mention]

Thank you, that worked!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

A large ZXDB update is now available!

Special thanks to [mention]pavero[/mention], [mention]druellan[/mention], [mention]R-Tape[/mention], and everyone else that provided contributions!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

In the last ZXDB update, we added a new column "currency_id" in table "releases". This new column allows ZXDB to adopt a standard format for prices. You can already see it in action for instance here:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/7 ... ble_Bobble

Now when you place your mouse over a certain price, you will see an overlay text about it. For instance if you place it over "£7.95" you will see "Pound sterling (GBP)", over "1500 Ptas" you will see "Spanish peseta (ESP)", etc. Right now this is only available in a few pages and prices, but we will convert most entries to this format in the next ZXDB release.

This overlay is especially useful for foreign currencies, for instance:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/2 ... e_Imperium

As part of this change, columns "budget_price", "microdrive_price", "disk_price", and "cartridge_price" in table "releases" will be converted to the numeric type DECIMAL(9,2) in the next ZXDB update. Only column "release_price" will remain as VARCHAR for now, because this column was used in Martijn's WoS to store additional information (for instance license details). Therefore I will need more time to reorganize this information first, before converting this column too.

Another change in ZXDB schema is that column "section" in table "notes" is now optional and it shouldn't be used anymore. This column is redundant and it will be removed in the future.

I don't expect these changes to cause any problems to existing sites and tools based on ZXDB. Even so, I'm announcing them in advance so authors have time to make any adjusts if needed. None of these changes will affect regular users, expect for the improved currency overlays.