Too many Lode Runners!!

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

richl
Dizzy

Too many Lode Runners!!

Post by richl »

There have been a couple of posts on WOS recently about Lode Runner and they got me digging through my own notes I'd made when I converted my copy. I thought it had all been sorted back in 2011 but it looks like the two sides of the tape weren't added to the archive so it's a bit messy and there's an unnecessary entry in the database that really oughtn't to be there.

Lode Runner
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=2912

48k TAP = side A
48k TZX = side B
128k TZX/TAP = both sides together with levels 76+ being those on side B of the 48k version

Lode Runner (New Game Set)
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=2915

.z80 = side B of Lode Runner

Rather helpfully, the game cycles through all the levels in batches of 5 whilst waiting for you to press a key at the start so I've checked up to about level 10 of "New Game Set" and all the levels are the same as side B. I would have checked further but the record feature in Spectaculator is on the blink so if anyone else wants to check all 75 levels just to be 100% then be my guest but I'd go with a 95% certainty that I'm right ;)

I would mention all this over on WOS as well but would it ever get fixed? Sorry... I shouldn't say stuff like that as otherwise people start accusing me of having "motives" :P

This may be handy as well although I think the file attachments are long gone...
https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... nner-sidea
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Too many Lode Runners!!

Post by Ralf »

Seems all quite complicated ;) Let's hope ZXDB admins will know what to do.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ralf wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 pm Seems all quite complicated ;) Let's hope ZXDB admins will know what to do.
It does look like the MOD is the same as Lode Runner side B, a quick check of the MOD version's editor (no need to wait for the level cycle, the editor can select any level) shows that levels 11 and 75 are the same as Pav's map for original Lode Runner. Can [mention]richl[/mention] or someone can check a few more before it's added to the corrections list?
✓ Reviewed
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

All bug reports in this thread were already applied to ZXDB database, therefore I'm now locking this thread for convenience.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

All bug reports in this thread were already applied to ZXDB database, therefore I'm now locking this thread for convenience.