Hervé Trisson, author of Dick Tracy

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Hervé Trisson, author of Dick Tracy

Post by Ivanzx »

As I have always thought, he is French:

http://copainsdavant.linternaute.com/p/ ... son-314821

And I would also bet a lot of money that he was also the author of Wild Streets, as the graphics and type of action (even some animations from the characters) are quite similar to the ones from his only credited game, Dick Tracy (which seems to be an evolution of Wild Streets, and quite better too!)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Hervé Trisson, author of Dick Tracy

Post by Einar Saukas »

I agree with you. These games are so similar that we should add Hervé as author for Wild Streets too.

Does anyone disagree?
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:58 am Does anyone disagree?
Yes! There is no evidence that Hervé Trisson coded Wild Streets. It's assumptions and guesses at WoS that have led to thousands of bugs having to be corrected and the internet being full of misinformation!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

OK, I won't change it.
richl
Dizzy

Post by richl »

Next question: what proof is there that Hervé Trisson programmed Dick Tracy?

I've scoured the instructions, inlay and had a quick mooch at my TZX from my copy of Wild Streets and can't find any reference to anyone involved in the production of the game.

I don't have an original copy of Dick Tracy but the layout of the game on the tape, the gameplay and presentation, and the fact that they're both from Titus would at least make it fairly plausible that the author(s?) was/were the same as on Dick Tracy but I go back to my original question: where's the proof that Hervé Trisson programmed Dick Tracy? The instructions available are only a text file but normally people tend to transcribe everything that's on the original game if going to the bother of producing a text version.

(If there's a massive PROGRAMMED BY HERVE TRISSON in the game then fair enough, but I could only bear to play it for about 1 minute until I died and I never saw anything).

EDIT: OK, I think I found the source: Sinclair User's review. All I'm going to say in terms of reliability is: hmmmmmm...... It is a sort of verification, I guess, but probably wouldn't stand up in court ;)
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

richl wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:13 pm Next question: what proof is there that Hervé Trisson programmed Dick Tracy?

I've scoured the instructions, inlay and had a quick mooch at my TZX from my copy of Wild Streets and can't find any reference to anyone involved in the production of the game.

I don't have an original copy of Dick Tracy but the layout of the game on the tape, the gameplay and presentation, and the fact that they're both from Titus would at least make it fairly plausible that the author(s?) was/were the same as on Dick Tracy but I go back to my original question: where's the proof that Hervé Trisson programmed Dick Tracy? The instructions available are only a text file but normally people tend to transcribe everything that's on the original game if going to the bother of producing a text version.

(If there's a massive PROGRAMMED BY HERVE TRISSON in the game then fair enough, but I could only bear to play it for about 1 minute until I died and I never saw anything).
It's on this Sinclair User review.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Sorry, I was supposed to close this one earlier, but I forgot. Sorry.

No changes required.