Little bugs in the database 4

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderator: druellan

+3code
Manic Miner

Re: Little bugs in the database 4

Post by +3code »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:17 pm
Cassette Juegos is currently identified as compilation instead of covertape, as if this tape was sold independently by magazine "Tu Micro".

However most games included in this tape are marked as "originally published in a covertape", thus implying that Cassette Juegos is actually a covertape included in a magazine issue.

Does anyone know if this is a covertape or not? If so, then what's the magazine number that included this tape?
Reading about "Tu Micro" here

https://programbytes48k.wordpress.com/2 ... a-estudio/

and looking the tape and cassette inlay I think its'n a covertape, but a compilation sold independently by "Tu Micro".
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

Thanks!

I also saw this text before, but I could not see any indication that Cassette Juegos was sold independently. Did you conclude this because there's no explicit reference to any specific magazine number?

Also the instructions transcription reference different magazine numbers for each program, and each one of these programs is currently marked as originally released "on magazine covertape" (except the last one). However the text about "Tu Micro" seem to indicate programs were published as type-ins, instead of covertapes. What's the correct information?

Finally does anyone know where to find magazine scans? Perhaps @Neil Parsons?
0 x

+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:17 pm
Thanks!

I also saw this text before, but I could not see any indication that Cassette Juegos was sold independently. Did you conclude this because there's no explicit reference to any specific magazine number?

Also the instructions transcription reference different magazine numbers for each program, and each one of these programs is currently marked as originally released "on magazine covertape" (except the last one). However the text about "Tu Micro" seem to indicate programs were published as type-ins, instead of covertapes. What's the correct information?
Well, I think it can be only a compilation, the instructions show the magazine numbers for each program and really all in this tape looks so.
0 x

+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

Einar Saukas wrote:
The magazine no, but the type-ins are preserved here:
https://proyectobasiczx.wordpress.com/r ... /tu-micro/
1 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

+3code wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 pm
Einar Saukas wrote:
The magazine no, but the type-ins are preserved here:
https://proyectobasiczx.wordpress.com/r ... /tu-micro/
This link confirms that these programs were originally released as type-ins.

Thanks!!!
0 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Why does the 16/48 Machine Code Tutor have 'Missing in Action' recorded against it?

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/1 ... Code_Tutor
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

The Theatre of Death says it was originally published in compilation 10 Adventure Game Pack Volume 2 by "Central Solutions". If this information is correct, then original publisher of The Theatre of Death should be "Central Solutions" instead of "Dave Watson".

The same logic applies to Goldseeker.
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

Soft Spectrum covertapes were published by Editorial Grupo Veintiuno according to this, this, and this. However almost every game originally published in these tapes say they were originally published by Grupo de Trabajo Software S.A.

Which one is correct?
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

There's a comment in Signal Part 1 that says "Your Sinclair cover demo". This comment was imported from Martijn's WoS.

However I cannot find any Your Sinclair covertape that includes this program. Is this comment wrong?

Perhaps it's incorrectly referring to Signal Part 3 from YS #81.
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

Soundtracker was included in YS #83 covertape.

Soundtracker Song Compiler was included in YS #84 covertape.

According to ZXSR, both covertapes also contained Soundtracker Music Demo. Could anyone please check if this information is correct?
0 x