Paxman: Backpackers/Krakatoa

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

Frankie
Manic Miner

Paxman: Backpackers/Krakatoa

Post by Frankie »

I’m confused. Got this DJ release which incl. the two Paxman inlays of Krakatoa and Backpackers Guide to the Universe, and only one tape with one game on each side. Am I missing something, as I can’t find infos about it? According to the database they are only listed as each being re-released by Paxman on their own, but not together.

Should this not be included in the Database? If I’m right, and it isn’t already included, would it need its own TZX file?

Maybe its just me overlooking something, would not be the first time :D

Frankie
Manic Miner

Re: Paxman: Backpackers/Krakatoa

Post by Frankie »

Could someone get back to me on this one? Should it be preserved, or just have the information about the release added :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Frankie wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:32 pm Could someone get back to me on this one? Should it be preserved, or just have the information about the release added :)
I don't think there is need for a TZX (there is nothing special about them is there?).

Can't help on the release info sorry.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

We don't have full scans of the inlays, and they're not in Mort's scans on archive.org either. If they're like the other re-releases then Backpackers should have a Paxman logo on the spine but no barcode, and Krakatoa should have a Prism Leisure logo and a barcode starting 5014293.
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

StooB wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:09 pm We don't have full scans of the inlays, and they're not in Mort's scans on archive.org either. If they're like the other re-releases then Backpackers should have a Paxman logo on the spine but no barcode, and Krakatoa should have a Prism Leisure logo and a barcode starting 5014293.
I’ll check up on this tomorrow. Problem is Backpackers is ruined on front of inlay, as someone removed a sticker. Maybe a cut/paste with the one already online?

I’ll compare the games with the Paxmans online, and see if they are the same, which they probably are. But maybe a TZX file should be made to show that the games were on one tape, and not two.

But the release should be mentioned in the database as its a proper release :)
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

Here are some pics :)

Mort
Microbot

Post by Mort »

Hi Guys,

They are the same as the seperate releases, The Barcode reads the same on Krakatoa.

I did scan these back in may on the may update

https://archive.org/edit.php?edit-files ... herdetails

In Zip

0520SpeccyUpdate.zip

:)
Scanner extraordinaire, 1000`s of magazines and Software from the 8 and 16 bit era now up on internet archive in lovely 600dpi.
Donations are welcome of items to scan that are no longer needed ;)
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

So all that should be done is adding the info about the release in the database I guess?