Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS

Field Programmable Gate Array based devices! As exciting as they sound
tom-cat
Drutt

Re: Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS

Post by tom-cat »

Pegaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm
Jumulo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:02 pm
Now I can execute all type files using the browser except the .tzx files. The problem is mine for sure...but I don’t know which problem is...
Pd: use real zx spectrum 48k with DivMMC future
TZX files are not supported, use PZX instead.
Are you sure :) He says " use real zx spectrum 48k with DivMMC future" which means PZX is not supported...

PZX Plugin: "This plugin requires a ZX-UNO!"
Pegaz
Manic Miner

Post by Pegaz »

tom-cat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:45 pm
Pegaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm TZX files are not supported, use PZX instead.
Are you sure :) He says " use real zx spectrum 48k with DivMMC future" which means PZX is not supported...

PZX Plugin: "This plugin requires a ZX-UNO!"
Yes, thats why I said that the topic name shouldnt be changed. ;)
I was excited and gave the wrong advice, sorry for that.
The real answer is that tzx is not supported and the tap format should be used instead...
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I have been using this new browser with my DivMMC Enjoy and my Spectrums due to the long filename support.

Very nifty, but could anyone involved in it turn off that flashing bar and replace it with an INVERSE one, maybe?

It's not that I don't like FLASH (several of my own creations involve it someway or another in fact), but I find it too garish for that.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Alessandro wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:50 pm I have been using this new browser with my DivMMC Enjoy and my Spectrums due to the long filename support.

Very nifty, but could anyone involved in it turn off that flashing bar and replace it with an INVERSE one, maybe?

It's not that I don't like FLASH (several of my own creations involve it someway or another in fact), but I find it too garish for that.
Dear [mention]Alessandro[/mention]

if you change colour configuration by using .brswcfg the flashing is disabled.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Alessandro wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:50 pm I have been using this new browser with my DivMMC Enjoy and my Spectrums due to the long filename support.

When I made the changes to get the plugins to access the browser settings back in v0.15, it looks like I broke one of the default colour settings - I got my BRIGHT confused with my FLASH. This will be fixed in the next version. To fix this now, run the .brwscfg command from BASIC. In the config screen, press D to restore the correct defaults and then press S to save them. Or set your own colours if you wish.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Thanks [mention]Luzie[/mention] and [mention]bob_fossil[/mention], I did as you suggested and it solved my problem.

I also changed the bars' color from yellow to cyan.

Please keep developing this browser, I liked it so much that I could hardly revert to the default ESXDOS one. I am using ESXDOS 0.8.8 by the way.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

New test version available here.

Caps Shift + D lets you create a directory (8.3 filename only). Default colour setting for selection was incorrectly set to FLASH not BRIGHT. The MYM plugin can now load files up to a maximum of 33726 bytes.

This version includes the first version of the AY plugin which plays .ay Z80 Spectrum music files - based on the code from my .playay dot command. It should be bug compatible with that! :) Browser select key starts / stops playback. Browser left / right selects sub song if the file has multiple songs. BREAK exits - remember that you need to stop playback before you can exit. Please see the documentation in the playay download which explains some of the limitations in more detail.
XoRRoX
Microbot

Post by XoRRoX »

The increase of mem for .mym is fantastic - thanks a lot :)

Also great job on the ay plugin :)

Regarding .ay: 3 of the DigiAYs give trouble: AYMD38.ay, AYMD39.ay (hang/reset on stop playback) & LyraII7.ay - unable to stop playback.

The plugin version of the pt3 player doesn't seem to support TurboSound pt3s.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

XoRRoX wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm The increase of mem for .mym is fantastic - thanks a lot :)

Also great job on the ay plugin :)

Regarding .ay: 3 of the DigiAYs give trouble: AYMD38.ay, AYMD39.ay (hang/reset on stop playback) & LyraII7.ay - unable to stop playback.

The plugin version of the pt3 player doesn't seem to support TurboSound pt3s.
AYMD38.ay changes the stack pointer and jumps to an address where there isn't any code loaded to when you press space. AYMD39.ay changes the stack pointer and then RETs to address 0 as the new SP points to empty memory when you press space. Haven't debugged the Lyra ay but it's probably a similar problem - code ripped directly from the demo (you can see the colours for the screen and text scroll in the Lyra ay) which ran fine on a music player with a simplified Z80 emulation model but which has issues when run on the real thing.

You get the same problem with some beeper tunes. When you're playing on a PC, you can tell your emulated Z80 to pause to stop playback or restart from a new address to go to another song even if the code is stuck in a loop playing the current song.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Just been trying this out for first time with Retro Virtual Machine emulator. I had problems getting some of the earlier releases of the browser to work (showed the browser, but with no files and a few corrupt graphics), until I tried the test version BROWSE_TEST016-1, which worked great. I formatted the virtual SD card as FAT 32.
It worked on a regular 48K emulation running ExDOS (I think it's called)

Excellent Browser [mention]bob_fossil[/mention] , thanks for your hard work on this!