Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Eugene C.
Drutt

Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Post by Eugene C. »

Can anyone do it?
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Re: Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Post by toot_toot »

I'm surprised Melbourne House didn't do a 128k enhanced version of this back when the Spectrum 128 was released. Not just the great music from the C64 (title and in-game) but the crunching FX too. The C64 version had a couple of extra bits to it too - like a fourth background screen and the bonus round where you had to literally punch a bull in the face! It definitely could have done with an enhancement as it always felt like the Spectrum missed out on a few things due to memory and lack of a dedicated sound chip, both of which were fixed in the 128k model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNGmSU6VnVg
Swainy
Manic Miner

Post by Swainy »

There are so many games that could/would benefit from some AY treatment if done nicely.
p13z
Manic Miner

Post by p13z »

Have to agree - Exploding Fist 128 would be a great idea. At a guess, it wouldn't be the most difficult to achieve either.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

I'm an AY musician so if anyone has the ability to get music into old games, I can happily provide music, in Vortex or Arkos format (the latter has a player program which makes it easier to run in games). I love making original music, and also accurately copying tunes :-)
kokkiklhs
Dizzy

Post by kokkiklhs »

One more vote from me, Exploding Fist is one of the best EVER classic Spectrum games, I just love it! Looking at it even for today's standards, it's miles ahead in graphics, animation, playability and addiction factor!
So an improved version with nice AY music for 128k (or even better for 48k as well, if the extra data could fit) would simply raise this absolute masterpiece higher to the top!!!
8-)
DianeAnderson
Drutt

Post by DianeAnderson »

Dude, it would be really cool if you could add your own music!!!!))
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Lee Bee wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:10 pm I'm an AY musician so if anyone has the ability to get music into old games, I can happily provide music, in Vortex or Arkos format (the latter has a player program which makes it easier to run in games). I love making original music, and also accurately copying tunes :-)
I tried to contact you, but didn't get any answer for some time now.
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

I thought I'd seen one on one of the Russian ZX sites, but it seems its Fist+ the Beam Software one, although the 'flag' on the one I saw did say "AY" , must be mistaken. Its a sort of 'four games' tape.

Can't post the link as contains a few 'denied' things.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

RMartins wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:28 pm I tried to contact you, but didn't get any answer for some time now.
Sorry RMartins, I haven't been on here for a few months! I have now replied to your message! :-)
JMcGibbitts
Drutt

Post by JMcGibbitts »

I did a conversion of the C64 title tune in .pt3 format that can be used... I uploaded it to https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/j/johnny-m ... f-the-yao/

As to converting the C64's in-game tune, probably I will finish off what I've already started.
kokkiklhs
Dizzy

Post by kokkiklhs »

JMcGibbitts wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:12 pm I did a conversion of the C64 title tune in .pt3 format that can be used... I uploaded it to https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/j/johnny-m ... f-the-yao/

As to converting the C64's in-game tune, probably I will finish off what I've already started.
Brilliant!!! Well done!!!
+3code

Post by +3code »

Totally of topic: while looking for this title in the database I've discovered that other: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/0007175

No coments :lol: