Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Eugene C.
Berk

Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Post by Eugene C. »

Can anyone do it?
2 x

toot_toot
Manic Miner

Re: Way of exploding fist with AY music?

Post by toot_toot »

I'm surprised Melbourne House didn't do a 128k enhanced version of this back when the Spectrum 128 was released. Not just the great music from the C64 (title and in-game) but the crunching FX too. The C64 version had a couple of extra bits to it too - like a fourth background screen and the bonus round where you had to literally punch a bull in the face! It definitely could have done with an enhancement as it always felt like the Spectrum missed out on a few things due to memory and lack of a dedicated sound chip, both of which were fixed in the 128k model.

1 x

Swainy
Dizzy

Post by Swainy »

There are so many games that could/would benefit from some AY treatment if done nicely.
0 x

p13z
Microbot

Post by p13z »

Have to agree - Exploding Fist 128 would be a great idea. At a guess, it wouldn't be the most difficult to achieve either.
0 x

Lee Bee
Berk

Post by Lee Bee »

I'm an AY musician so if anyone has the ability to get music into old games, I can happily provide music, in Vortex or Arkos format (the latter has a player program which makes it easier to run in games). I love making original music, and also accurately copying tunes :-)
2 x