Couple of ideas for next project

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
oblo
Drutt

Couple of ideas for next project

Post by oblo »

Hi all

I'm thinking on several games for my next project; they are a bit far away from my technical skills but I'd would like to give them a go, so here are:

- Fighting Fantasy gamebook games, both a port of an existing book and/or an original story; in fact, I've wrote the first part and have ideas for the second and third part, so it could be a trilogy!
Cons: they have a lot of texts, so they need A LOT of memory, and so a 128k is mandatory... but ZX Basic only support working with 48k models; also, some graphics will be needed, and some background music would be nice but this is not strictly required.

- A MadTV port: one of my all-time favourites, it have a lot of game mechanics under the hood, but after played it countless times I can seduce Betty blindfold I think I know how it can be ported.
Cons: it required quite some texts, moving sprites (and maybe scrolling) for the building/elevator; graphics are required but the can be easily ripped from the original game (it "only" takes time) Mouse *might* be needed, but changing the way the game is played I think it can be sorted out and play it just with the keyboard; also, music is a must in this game... and because all these, 128k will be required too.

- A Tumblepop port: I started to rip graphics and... well, that's all; it just -again- one of my favourites arcades.
Cons: all; basically I put it here just in case :mrgreen:

Please share your thoughts: any insight will be welcome :)
Cheers.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: Couple of ideas for next project

Post by stupidget »

With regards to the FF bok, would you be doing this as a text adventure or similar to the existing FF games for mobile devices which have the dice role option and are a pure version of the books?
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

for gamebooks, you may want to take a look at MuCho by @Sol_HSA (wos forum member)
http://sol.gfxile.net/mucho/
It's for 48K though may suit your needs as supports scripting, images, compression,etc
oblo
Drutt

Post by oblo »

stupidget wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:30 am With regards to the FF bok, would you be doing this as a text adventure or similar to the existing FF games for mobile devices which have the dice role option and are a pure version of the books?
As similar as a FF, with fights, roll dices, lucky rolls, multiple choices, etc... Scorpion Swamp and Deathtrap Dungeon are good candidates for it.
IMHO, a "Choose Your Own Adventure" is OK but Fighting Fantasy books were far better.

hikoki wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 am for gamebooks, you may want to take a look at MuCho by @Sol_HSA (wos forum member)
http://sol.gfxile.net/mucho/
It's for 48K though may suit your needs as supports scripting, images, compression,etc
I tried Mucho sometime ago but I was looking something more flexible, so I started to develop a customized interface. This is a screenshot of a pre-alpha that I was working on with inventory, a choice menu, map, etc... and depending of the game script, sometimes the player can have free of actions and other he will be forced to choose (nevertheless they are just ideas)

Anyway I'll give it a try again, thanks for reminding it :)
Cheers.