OutRun Europa Version 1

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Swainy
Manic Miner

OutRun Europa Version 1

Post by Swainy »

I was a bit bored tonight and started a mock up of original OutRun Europa that was previewed in the magazines back in 1988. Any interest in the original version here?
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Re: OutRun Europa Version 1

Post by djnzx48 »

Looks good! I think the Union Jack colours could be toned down a bit as they stand out too much.

Is this for a new project? I've seen some great Outrun remakes/improvements in the past (the famous colour version) but did any get fully completed? I never knew there were so different many versions of this game.
Swainy
Manic Miner

Post by Swainy »

Well I’ve only based the graphics on the preview screen shots (which were slightly different in each magazine).

As for it being a new project, I’m no programmer unfortunately so it’s only here to see if anyone wants to pick the project up.
Last edited by Swainy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

It definitely has potential, those monochrome graphics have a nice clean look to them. Good luck on finding a programmer. I don't think I would be very suitable for the job myself; racing games appear to be one of the hardest genres to write.