Surnames

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Surnames

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

From the Wally Week saga I'm missing Hinsley & Strudwick.

We can also include artists like Thorpe, Wakelin, Azpiri, Delcan & Royo (another three foreign! ;) ), Frey, Rowe and Lund.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

If you want an exotic touch to your league, add Miyamoto to the list! ;)

Maybe not Spectrum-specific, but he was inspiration to so many Kong clones.
Fahnn
Microbot

Post by Fahnn »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm From the Wally Week saga I'm missing Hinsley & Strudwick.

We can also include artists like Thorpe, Wakelin, Azpiri, Delcan & Royo (another three foreign! ;) ), Frey, Rowe and Lund.
Excellent! Think I've got 95 now, so probably enough to get going (although I've not worked out exactly how everything's going to work just yet and I like to plan everything to the nth degree before I start actually writing anything). But any more names (especially non-English) would still be welcome, I can always swap things in and out (or expand).

P.S. Have added Ramirez and Saukas anyway (will take them out on request of course).
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Ok, no problem.

I want to finish the season as top scorer! :mrgreen:
Fahnn
Microbot

Post by Fahnn »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:32 pm Ok, no problem.

I want to finish the season as top scorer! :mrgreen:
I'm still considering how it's all going to work. Normally I'd save a bit of memory by having the initial competitors pre-defined, but as new competitors are going to have to be generated as the game progresses, I thought I might as well have everything randomly generated from the start, since the data to do so is going to have to be there anyway. So I can't guarantee anything I'm afraid :lol: