The 'Desert Island' Cartoon: Woot Submissions

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
R-Tape
Site Admin

The 'Desert Island' Cartoon: Woot Submissions

Post by R-Tape »

A well-known cartoon meme is the 'desert island cartoon'. It's a verrrryyyy hackeneyed genre (google it!), and involves some characters (or maybe not), a small island, a palm tree, and (hopefully) a mildly amusing gag.

I'd like to include some Speccy themed ones in this year's Woot tape magazine. Here's an example:

If anyone has ideas could they PM them to me? If I get plenty of suggestions I have a standalone TAP in mind, with credits, or if I only get a few then I'll include them in the main tape magazine.

I'll keep bumping this thread occasionally just to plant the thought :-)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The 'Desert Island' Cartoon: Woot Submissions

Post by R-Tape »

Don't worry, I won't bump this every day. It's just in case anyone missed it yesterday and Sundays can be good times to ponder things like this.

Up to 6 cartoons now, and ideas are coming quite easily. We should be able to get enough together for a standalone feature. Keep them coming.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The 'Desert Island' Cartoon: Woot Submissions

Post by R-Tape »

Found this while browsing the archive (I'm sure Gary Larson got his royalty payments :mrgreen: ), and it's a good opportunity to give this thread a last bump. If anyone has an idea for a desert island cartoon to appear in this xmas's tape magazine can they PM me. Don't send me graphics—I might not have space for them, or it might be a duplicate idea.