Minigames within games

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Minigames within games

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

The Colditz Story
clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

Zub is notable as its minigame, Lightfarce, was released independently on an SU covertape (as Zarjas). Is that the only example of that on the Spectrum?
arjun
Microbot

Post by arjun »

If my memory serves me right, Tau Ceti had a mini-game involving reactor rods or summat.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

clebin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:11 pmZub is notable as its minigame, Lightfarce, was released independently on an SU covertape (as Zarjas). Is that the only example of that on the Spectrum?
I don't consider Lightfarce as a mini-game within the game, since it's not part of the gameplay from the main game. IMHO it's more appropriate to consider it a hidden independent "bonus" game.

Lightfarce is very impressive for a day's work. However it doesn't work as a parody of Lightforce. The main reason Lightforce looks impressive is because they managed to create such a colorful shoot-em-up that still managed to play great. However Lightfarce was monochrome!
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pmLightforce ... still managed to play great.
  • THIS POST IS MARKED AS POSSIBLY CONTAINING FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION
  • INDEPENDENT FACT-CHECKING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE
:lol: