Skyrim 48k/128k

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
MrPixel
Microbot

Re: Skyrim 48k/128k

Post by MrPixel »

it will take me a while to get the hang of the image system but i will have a demo out soon
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]MrPixel[/mention] If you want the facility to upload files, then that costs money on disk space. Dropbox, Google Drive, and many more work absolutely fine. What problem are you having. Let us know and we can try and suggest a solution.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

I have used dropbox before. the problem is that, i'd rather do it directly than wait for a response. I've checked the site updates and none of my entries have been posted. besides, Posting an image is tricky.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

MrPixel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 pm I've checked the site updates and none of my entries have been posted. besides, Posting an image is tricky.
Do you mean this site or the cgc? If this one then I've not been given any entries to post. What I have received is links to truncated jpegs of BASIC (consisting of obligatory unused DIMs and INPUT), despite explaining clearly several times that a picture is not the same as a snapshot. I suppose I should be grateful it's usually black ink on white, rather than the one that was red on magenta.

Obviously you're not doing this on purpose, so please drop me another email if you want help making a z80 to submit to the cgc.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

i actually do have one question. if i was to Log an AY file, what format would i use: Z80, PNG or RZX?

for fuse 1.5.3
Kweepa
Manic Miner

Post by Kweepa »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 pm Obviously you're not doing this on purpose
Hmm... :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

MrPixel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:31 pm i actually do have one question. if i was to Log an AY file, what format would i use: Z80, PNG or RZX?

for fuse 1.5.3
I think you need to seriously read up on file formats....

.ay

http://aygor.abrimaal.pro-e.pl

Z80 is an emulator snapshot file, PNG is a image (picture) file, and RZX is used to record playbacks of Speccy games.

http://www.rzxarchive.co.uk
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

MrPixel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 pm I have used dropbox before. the problem is that, i'd rather do it directly than wait for a response. I've checked the site updates and none of my entries have been posted. besides, Posting an image is tricky.
Have http://www.imgur.com open in a browser tab. Don't even bother to sign up to it, you can simply drop an image file and it'll upload instantly. Wait for it to appear, then right-click and copy image address. Bung it in a forum post here with the [img] tags. Job done.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Yep. Then PM me demanding to put it on the site, knowing full well that a jpeg of some ropey BASIC masquerading as ZX-Skyrim is not a usable file format. In fact you could really take the P?s? this time by using yellow on white.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

PeteProdge wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 am
MrPixel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 pm I have used dropbox before. the problem is that, i'd rather do it directly than wait for a response. I've checked the site updates and none of my entries have been posted. besides, Posting an image is tricky.
Have http://www.imgur.com open in a browser tab. Don't even bother to sign up to it, you can simply drop an image file and it'll upload instantly. Wait for it to appear, then right-click and copy image address. Bung it in a forum post here with the [img] tags. Job done.
thanks, i'll do that
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

djnzx48 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am If you're doing a text-only game, maybe you could take inspiration from the new version that just came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEW6dX_BmU
funny
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

I've abandoned the project. i was in over my head. it's just not feasible