WinAGD

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
4thRock
Manic Miner

WinAGD

Post by 4thRock »

I've tried the Windows AGD version and, contrary to the native Spectrum version, I didn't get how it works.
I know there's a compiler involved, but my problem is more generic.

How do you work with it? Are you supposed to compile the code and test it on an emulator?

Sorry for the n00b questions but I'd really like to have an idea of the workflow.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: WinAGD

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]4thRock[/mention]

I've not used WinAGD before but downloaded the latest version (0.7.2) from the site below and managed to get part of the way, so I hope Johnathan else can complete the story [mention]Jonathan[/mention]

http://s3.spanglefish.com/s/22323/documents/v0.7.2.zip

The best information seems to be in the ReadMe.txt, but there is also Multi Platform AGD.odt in the Docs Folder.

I ran the WinAGD.exe as administrator (otherwise it doesn't seem to be able to save the assembly output), then 'File' and 'Open Project' and open from the 'ExampleProjects' folder 'Geezer.apj'

Then go to 'File' and Export Source Code. First it will prompt you to save the .agd file (make sure you save it in the same folder as the compilers), then offer the an option to 'Save the source code now'. This gets saved to the 'C:\Users' folder with a .asm extension.

The ReadMe.txt says you should be able to assemble this within the assembler in Spin, but I was getting a couple of errors relating to undefined symbols.