BASinC bug - anyone else experienced this?

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Jodo
Drutt

BASinC bug - anyone else experienced this?

Post by Jodo »

Hi,

I'm using the brilliant BASinC environment to develop my first game and up until now I've been able to put up with this bug. Unfortunately, my code is getting quite large (for me anyway!), circa 20k (still currently with lots of REM statements though) and the bug has caught me out a few times as I failed to spot it happening and this then put me back a fair amount of time sorting it out. I just wondered if anyone else has had it happen to them, and if they found a workaround, etc. I have the latest version of BASinC (1.72) and have been on the official page to see if there's a bug report feature but couldn't see anything.

So, to the issue I'm having. Sometimes whilst editing a line the first digit of another line number will disappear (sometimes one off screen which is difficult to spot!) The line with the missing digit will stay in it's correct position and will run in the correct order, but if the program is saved, the line will be saved to it's new line number, over-writing the real line with that number! Has anyone else experienced this?
d2010
Dizzy

Re: BASinC bug - anyone else experienced this?

Post by d2010 »

Jodo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:59 pm Over-writing the real line with that number! Has anyone else experienced this?
I send the help-me, to Author, and he replay other version of Basinc.
I still keep two versions of Basinc(ver.1-50 and 1-71).. :shock:
Please you see here the game PacMan 100%Basinc.exe
https://youtu.be/Ve6j-lq5zrU?t=68
(setvar "REFPATHTYPE" "You_found_here"
"zx-basin-170\\Examples\\BAS Files\\CSSCGC\\Pacman.bas")
(setvar "LOGFILEPATH" "or here"
"\BASin_15-8\BASICProgs\BAS Files\CSSCGC\Pacman.bas")
(/setvar)
:idea:
He extend the REM(line) with new-features
409 REM fast
=2600 REM ** Artificial pause*
Near Input, You can insert the
1 REM SLOW
110 INPUT "Enter the level";level1
120 INPUT "Alpha in degree's(45-135)";w
130 INPUT "reduce factor(.5-.75)";k
140 INPUT "rightborder for x(>0)";a
150 INPUT "Enlargement factor(30-80)";k1
NewSound-Effect
130 LET q$="T100O5V11N5_1#a1a3g4a6d&1&(3a1g3f6c1&)H": LET r$="O2V10(3D1D3C4D1g3C1g)(3F1F3#D4C1F3#D1C)"
210 PLAY e$,p$,c$
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Jodo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:59 pm So, to the issue I'm having. Sometimes whilst editing a line the first digit of another line number will disappear (sometimes one off screen which is difficult to spot!) The line with the missing digit will stay in it's correct position and will run in the correct order, but if the program is saved, the line will be saved to it's new line number, over-writing the real line with that number! Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a list of bugs that have been reported recently. I'll add yours to it and if/when I do go back to BASin development I'll see about fixing it.
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Post by Turtle_Quality »

Holy moly ! That's made my day Dunny

I use BASINC all the time, because it's a one stop tool for editing basic, assembly code, monitoring and emulating, even graphic editing

I have noticed a few quirks and the occasional crash but when you code like I do, you get used to crashes.

The assembler sometimes rejects "statements" on empty lines, and there are certain labels where the first letter doesn't display but they still work fine. And the Windows 10 1803 or later refuses to open .chm files as they are considered a security risk.

If you want more bug reports, I will post them on a new thread here with proper documentation. And if you never get the time to address any of them I'll still be using BASINC for my little project and appreciating how you've made programming way easier than it was back in the day.
Definition of loop : see loop