Zeus paging

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Zeus paging

Post by djnzx48 »

Sorry guys, it's me again with another Zeus question. Anyway, I'm having trouble getting memory paging to work properly on a 128 machine. Here's some example code:

Code: Select all

zeusemulate "128K"

org $c000
disp zeuspage(1) - *	; page 1

db "THIS IS A TEST: BANK 1"

org $c000
disp zeuspage(6) - *	; page 6

db "THIS IS A TEST: BANK 6"

output_bin "bank1.txt", zeuspage(1), 22	; output 22 bytes from page 1
When I assemble this with the Zeus IDE, I get "THIS IS A TEST: BANK 1" (which is the desired output). However, if I instead use command-line Zeus, I get "THIS IS A TEST: BANK 6", which is wrong. It seems like instead of just going into bank 6, the second test message overwrites memory in other banks as well. Does anyone know what's going on here?
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Re: Zeus paging

Post by djnzx48 »

Weird, the Zeus site (desdes.com) seems to be down at the moment. Has the domain expired or something?
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Well, the latest snapshot from the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190115023 ... esdes.com/

shows that the site has not been updated since 10.10.2010, so it's likely that the domain has expired. If the site doesn't surface in the next few days/weeks, it's more than likely.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

It's odd, because some of the other pages were updated only this year (I downloaded a tape file viewer from there a few days ago). But hopefully it'll be fixed sooner or later.
dfzx
Manic Miner

Post by dfzx »

djnzx48 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:04 am It's odd, because some of the other pages were updated only this year (I downloaded a tape file viewer from there a few days ago). But hopefully it'll be fixed sooner or later.
It's working for me at the moment...
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Working for me too now, maybe it was just a temporary problem with the website's server.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

Yeah, looks like it's back to normal. The paging problem turned out to be a bug in ZCL that's been fixed for the next release, so I've got it working again now ;)