Windows toolkit for Spectrum Assembly?

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Windows toolkit for Spectrum Assembly?

Post by Morkin »

YanKleber wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:31 pm PS: I do NOT have a Spectrum.

:lol:

...Just joking - good luck with the development of your game. :)

I started learning assembly with ZX Spin as it's a low barrier to getting started, but if you're an experienced developer proficient in other languages you'll be at home and probably prefer the other tools and combinations suggested.

Always interesting to see modern game design being brought to the humble Speccy. One good thing is that unlike many games released in the 80s, modern Speccy games occasionally let me to get off the first screen/level... ;)
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

Morkin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 pm ...Just joking - good luck with the development of your game. :)

I started learning assembly with ZX Spin as it's a low barrier to getting started, but if you're an experienced developer proficient in other languages you'll be at home and probably prefer the other tools and combinations suggested.

Always interesting to see modern game design being brought to the humble Speccy. One good thing is that unlike many games released in the 80s, modern Speccy games occasionally let me to get off the first screen/level... ;)
LoL, I loved the joke!

I have almost 40 years of background coding, but always in hi-level languages. I remember to have attended a class of Assembler Z80 in the middle of the 1980s but I didn't moved forward and never wrote any code other than the class exercises.

Funny is that regardless I had coded so many games, I am not a gamer myself. I had a small spoon of curiosity about games but my problem is that I get bored very easily, so long games are a turn off for me. Maybe because this all the games I wrote were all small, simple and very straightforward ones. Let's see what happens in the next!

;)
Yeah, I'm a berk.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

How about this one?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

g0blinish wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:30 am How about this one?
Don't know why, but when you miss out the "http://" from the link, the forum adds a spectrumcomputing.co.uk/forums/ prefix. Fixed ^above^.