ZXSpin assembler not working

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: ZXSpin assembler not working

Post by Alessandro »

I use a simple batch file named PAS.BAT and execute it from a command line window. The batch file contains the following:

Code: Select all

@echo off
pasmo --tap %1.asm %1.tap
barry
Drutt

Post by barry »

Apologies for bumping an old thread but thought it best to keep it all in one place.

My zxspin has sort of stopped working properly, in the assembler window whenever i type in text it comes up as nonsense text like this
i've tried changing the fonts etec and nothing seems to work, it was working fine up until not long ago. not a clue what happened, it's possible i changed something in the settings but no idea what or where. any ideas? i was using the latest copy and tried changing to an older one and that does the same thing too.
i realise it's old and not updated and does have bugs but i kinda liked spin and had gotten used to using it and would like to continue using it if possible.

thanks!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

barry wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 pm My zxspin has sort of stopped working properly, in the assembler window whenever i type in text it comes up as nonsense text like this
Ahh I've had this before. I think pressing (or unpressing) scroll lock, or something like that on the keyboard sorted it. Failing that, a full power cycle might do the trick.
barry
Drutt

Post by barry »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:11 pm
I think pressing (or unpressing) scroll lock, or something like that on the keyboard sorted it.
It did! Thanks so much, I can get back to not having a clue what I'm doing :D