Please advise about what program to get

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Please advise about what program to get

Post by llewelyn »

I have lost my toolbox collection of programs I had to do Speccy stuff with and forgotten some of their names.
Tried finding them from the database but no luck there, besides I thought you may know better choices anyway!

Alright so I need a program that will do animated UDG's or sprites that can be installed into a game later.
The one I last used was from a German website cant remember the address, he did a suite of small programs and suchlike.

I drew about 6 frames for a 'spring' animation in Windows Paint 15x8 pixels down to 11x8 but cant figure out how to make them play sequentially.

I've downloaded Basin v.14 is that still the easiest way to pull a Basic program together for the Speccy?

Thanks for any advice.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Please advise about what program to get

Post by Einar Saukas »

llewelyn wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 pmAlright so I need a program that will do animated UDG's or sprites that can be installed into a game later.
This sounds like TommyGun

llewelyn wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 pmThe one I last used was from a German website cant remember the address, he did a suite of small programs and suchlike.
And this sounds like http://www.zx-modules.de/
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Thanks very much Einar.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

You are welcome!
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Einar, I downloaded TommyGun and in the documentation it states that its been designed to work with PASMO which isnt included but I found a copy and grabbed it. The site I got it from advises setting it up to use ZEUS but I dont understand what that is or even if I need it.

I seem to recall having got PASMO in my missing USB toolbox and finding that it wasnt much use to me at my level of knowledge.

Just for the record what I'm hoping to achieve is to assemble a suite of tools to make it as easy as possible to create a game with my own graphics. I'm hoping to eventually produce a game I once had many years ago and really enjoyed. It consisted of several traps or mechanisms in sprite form that you had to arrange such that a player could travel from top left to bottom right which meant arranging the various obstacles on screen to facilitate the players progress either by providing ways around the obstacles or setting up deflectors to prevent falling balls from hitting the player.

It sort of resembled marble madness with its ingenious traps but only played with 4 or 5 onscreen horizontal levels. At the moment its just starting to take shape on paper and I've made one sprite design for a big spring that the player can fall onto and be shot up into the air.