ZX Recoloring project

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
4thRock
Manic Miner

Re: ZX Recoloring project

Post by 4thRock »

toot_toot wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:03 pm could really benefit from coloured bullets
Indeed. Just give one colour (from the Spectrum palette) to each sprite and you can't go wrong.
Improves gameplay, looks nice and still feels like a Spectrum game :D
geecab
Drutt

Post by geecab »

Hi again!

A quick preview of my work so far with Batty. I've just recoloured the bats, balls, aliens and bombs (In the original game they were the same colour as the background). I've added a 'get ready' chime, 'game over' chime and title/in-game music by Matthew Westcott (In the original game there were no chimes or music, only spot effects) :)

ZX Recoloring Project: Batty
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Recently we re-coloured Eric and the Floaters and Black Raven for 16 colours (NedoOS project).
This took time, but the result can be run at least on Russian clones (ATM Turbo 2 and on).
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

Alone Coder wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:13 am Recently we re-coloured Eric and the Floaters and Black Raven for 16 colours (NedoOS project).
This took time, but the result can be run at least on Russian clones (ATM Turbo 2 and on).
Rewriting the original game code for a very different hardware should be called "porting" and "converting", not just "recoloring".