Graphics help wanted: "z" & railway tycoon style game

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
Andrew771
Drutt

Graphics help wanted: "z" & railway tycoon style game

Post by Andrew771 »

(First 3 posts moved from a different thread by R-Tape)

My unfinished, conversion from PC game "Z" (QAOP keys): https://zx-pk.ru/threads/262-strategii- ... ost963214

Z development is progressing slowly, as Now I’m finishing up another game like Transport Tycoon (English and Russian versions). I’ve finished the other day, but there’s no screensaver. I'm looking for an artist for the screen saver, who wants to become one? :)
Coder of ZXOOM, Euphoria 2D, ZX Like Pascal, Russian Railway Magnate...
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: A game to port to... to make for... ZX Spectrum ?

Post by Ralf »

My unfinished, conversion from PC game "Z" (QAOP keys): https://zx-pk.ru/threads/262-strategii- ... ost963214

Z development is progressing slowly, as Now I’m finishing up another game like Transport Tycoon (English and Russian versions). I’ve finished the other day, but there’s no screensaver. I'm looking for an artist for the screen saver, who wants to become one? :)
Andrew771, welcome to the forum!
Maybe it would be better if you made your own thread about your game and not hijack someone's else thread? :)

And what do you mean by screensaver? A loading screen?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Graphics help wanted for "Z" port

Post by R-Tape »

Agreed Ralf, this deserves its own thread.

Привет Andrew771! :)

Your "Z" port looks ace. Here's a direct link to his zx.pk.ru snapshot for a demo.

Perhaps you could give some more information on what kind of graphics you want, and which game it's for.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Graphics help wanted: "z" & railway tycoon style game

Post by Ralf »

I remember this "Z" project. Actually if you check the linked thread on Russian forum, it's 15 years old, started by someone else
and probably taken by Andrew 771 some time ago.
Well, it doesn't sound good but there is always hope, isn't it? ;)
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Indeed, the artist(s) need to know in detail what's needed: number of sprites/times, dimensions, required animation frames, etc.
Andrew771
Drutt

Re: Graphics help wanted for "Z" port

Post by Andrew771 »

R-Tape wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:04 am Привет Andrew771! :)
Привет всем! Hi all! :)

I'm not an artist, but a coder. For the Z game, Bugsy drew graphics in 2005 (abandoned), almost everything is for the level. Remains the design and load screen. And lot and lot of code.

Now all the forces are thrown at the completion of the Russian Railway Magnate. A load screen is required. Game is complete.
I don’t want to upload the snapshot until ready. I will show only who wants to make a load screen. Also there is photo idea for load screen.
Game description from help window:
"You are called to become the railway magnate of the Russian Empire and win on the financial and rail front of your two competitors.
Build railway between cities of Russian Empire, combining them in a network. You can build only from your affiliated city or from your previously built path. It is impossible to cross the path of competitors. Network maintenance is costly.
Set the necessary tariff for your cargo transportation. Each affiliated city gives an income depending on the cargo amount in the city and your tariff. If the city belongs to two or three magnates, then all the income from the city goes to the one who has a lower tariff, or is divided equally if the tariffs are the same.
You need to become a railway monopolist, capturing the cities of competitors, depriving them of income and making bankrupt."

Competitors are controlled by computer AI. The game takes place on a map of Russian Empire for XIX century. Gamer and competitors are real historical figures.

Early game demo: https://zx-pk.ru/threads/27906-russian- ... ht=railway
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

So to sum it up currently you need a loading screen for a railroad management game set in 19th century.

Seems something similar to Rairoad Tycoon:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/sid-meie ... oad-tycoon

Are you planning an English version of your game?
Andrew771
Drutt

Post by Andrew771 »

Ralf wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:13 pm So to sum it up currently you need a loading screen for a railroad management game set in 19th century.

Seems something similar to Rairoad Tycoon:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/sid-meie ... oad-tycoon
Yes.
Ralf wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:13 pm Are you planning an English version of your game?
Yes. It's ready (English and Russian).
+3code

Post by +3code »

Wow, "ZX Like Pascal" looks really good!
Andrew771
Drutt

Post by Andrew771 »

+3code wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:32 pm Wow, "ZX Like Pascal" looks really good!
Thank you.
I write my new games on it. Sorry, I can not make an adequate description in English. Only in Russian is.