New loading screens by Andy Green

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Re: New loading screens by Andy Green

Post by Andy Green »

A couple more...

This one is an alternative loading screen for Galaxian (Atarisoft):

Alternative loading screen for Invaders (Artic Computing. Also known as - wait for it - Space Invaders):

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Great stuff Andy! Please don't stop :)

If I may ask, what are your next plans?
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Great work, Andy, as always.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Where've they gone? I saw them this morning and they looked great.

Combat Wombat also encouraged me to buy the 2 issues of Hexloader by the way :D A good read and interesting to see where it goes, although each issue was a bit short.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

R-Tape - yeah, I noticed that yesterday the images weren't there. Showing now though. Must had been a glitch! Well, showing on mobile....

Ralf - pixel art is on hold at the moment. I lost my grip on a cup of tea and it spilled over half my laptop. Quick as a flash I upended it and disconnected all connections. Dried it all out. Fortunately, the laptop is functioning as it was before the spillage. Unfortumately, all USB ports are fried. I use a wired mouse to do screens (laptop doesn't have a wireless port). Taking it to repair shop tomorrow to get an estimate. Hopefully its not going to cost a lot otherwise Im going to habe to wait until I get enough money. After Christmas is not a good time financially lol. My wife said I can use her laptop if need be when shes not using it. Just got to transfer all my art folders and program across. I've had the laptop 5 years. First time I've spilled anything on it.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Andy Green wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:35 pm My wife said I can use her laptop if need be when shes not using it.
Find out which beverage it favors lest you spill something that’s not up its alley on it.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

One word: Graph Paper.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm One word: Graph Paper.
Goes soggy.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

Ralf wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm Great stuff Andy! Please don't stop :)

If I may ask, what are your next plans?
After much encouragement from many, I've finally set up my own Facebook page seeing as I can't do any pixel art at the moment. :)

Feel free to Like or comment my page. There is also Amiga art I've done too. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/AndyGreenPixelArt/
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Liked!
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

Thanks, Ralf!

A couple of new ones added - Pac-man and The Chaos Engine. Yep, you read that right. I'm trying a new project called "What if.... <Game name> was released on the ZX Spectrum?". :D

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Great stuff as ever!

( Okay, Pacman is a bit simpler than your usual stuff ;) )

And sure, don't be afraid with loading screens and mockups for games that never happened. It would be cool to see them harnessed in a grid of Spectrum attributes ;)
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

I would just like to suggest that you make the page public, so that anyone can enjoy you art.
Currently facebook puts a nag screen in the bottom, that fills the entire screen once you start to scroll.

This happens, if you do not have a facebook account or if you are not logged in.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Andy Green wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm I'm trying a new project called "What if.... <Game name> was released on the ZX Spectrum?". :D
I like the idea! :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Neat. I'm sure you've got projects and requests coming out of your ears but I'll mention one that needs some love just in case it tickles your fancy - Splat!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm Neat. I'm sure you've got projects and requests coming out of your ears but I'll mention one that needs some love just in case it tickles your fancy - Splat!
Nooo...! OK, so there's no fancy picture, but I always loved the use of FLASH on that screen... :o
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm Neat. I'm sure you've got projects and requests coming out of your ears but I'll mention one that needs some love just in case it tickles your fancy - Splat!
I've already done that one lol

Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

RMartins wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 pm I would just like to suggest that you make the page public, so that anyone can enjoy you art.
Currently facebook puts a nag screen in the bottom, that fills the entire screen once you start to scroll.

This happens, if you do not have a facebook account or if you are not logged in.
The page is public and displays ok on my mobile when not logged in. I can see all comments, photos and videos. I closed the nag screen that appeared at bottom of screen first. Not checked on PC though. :)

RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

For me, using Chrome, there is always an horizontal bar on the bottom, with a big LOGIN and Create new Account, that covers 1/3 of the screen.
There is no way to close it (even after pressing "Not Now", when it first appears).

Well I can hack the CSS and make it disappear :D
But the average web surfer will not know how to do that.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

RMartins wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm For me, using Chrome, there is always an horizontal bar on the bottom, with a big LOGIN and Create new Account, that covers 1/3 of the screen.
There is no way to close it (even after pressing "Not Now", when it first appears).

Well I can hack the CSS and make it disappear :D
But the average web surfer will not know how to do that.
Yup. Know exactly what you mean. I checked using a different browser on my PC without logging in and there's that lovely big bar at the bottom. That's Facebook for you lol. Nothing I can do personally to alter that as the page is already public (anyone can see it but to make a comment or Like posts. log-in is required).
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

Here's a commissioned screen I've just finished. Manic Miner. Rather than post the SP behind it, I'll post the link to the post on my FB page (it's a public page so if you don't have a FB account, you'll still be able to view it ;) )

Link to FB post: https://www.facebook.com/AndyGreenPixel ... 84/?type=3

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I've always felt the MM loader is like the Queen's knickers - out of bounds, but this is a great screen. That's pretty much how I visualise the Kong beast too.

I'd love to see the watercolour it's based on.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 am I've always felt the MM loader is like the Queen's knickers - out of bounds, but this is a great screen. That's pretty much how I visualise the Kong beast too.

I'd love to see the watercolour it's based on.
Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed doing this one. Below is the original painting.

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Great job!

It all looks quite scary like some horror game but funny at the same time. Like some really weird dream.

I'm not sure about the logo. Probably some comic style round a bit deformed letters would suit better the general style.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

Ralf wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 am Great job!

It all looks quite scary like some horror game but funny at the same time. Like some really weird dream.

I'm not sure about the logo. Probably some comic style round a bit deformed letters would suit better the general style.
To be honest, the logo nearly didn't go in as I almost forgot all about it having removed it from early work in progresses! I was intending on having the logo vertically on the left but was running out of space for the main picture (this can be clearly seen in a timeline video I did). As it was a commissioned screen, I had to match the original artwork as best I could. Fortunately, the recipient is absolutely overjoyed with my work. As I am too lol. :)

I don't know if videos can be uploaded here but hopefully you can see it in this link: https://www.facebook.com/AndyGreenPixel ... 03/?type=1