Cant find the program with digitized music?

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
User avatar
Pegaz
Manic Miner
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Pegaz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I was searching through my Spectrum archive and coming across a program with digitized music of Mike Oldfields great song Moonlight Shadow, from 1983.
I thought I had memorized the name of the program, but now I can't find it.
I know there was no graphics, just a white screen and great music, one of the best digitized tunes I heard on Spectrum.
Does anyone have any idea, what the program is about?
0 x

zxbruno
Dizzy
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 am

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by zxbruno » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:54 pm

I don't have the answer, but I'm bumping this topic in hopes of finding out. I'm a fan of digitised stuff on the Speccy, even more when it involves the AY chip.
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Ralf » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 pm

It could be some demo. I believe that I could hear it once too but I won't find it, sorry :)

Unfortunately we don't have any practical way to search it in the database.
0 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by R-Tape » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Pegaz wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm
A couple of weeks ago, I was searching through my Spectrum archive and coming across a program with digitized music of Mike Oldfields great song Moonlight Shadow, from 1983.
I thought I had memorized the name of the program, but now I can't find it.
I know there was no graphics, just a white screen and great music, one of the best digitized tunes I heard on Spectrum.
Does anyone have any idea, what the program is about?
Can you remember much more about it? Country? TAP, SNAP, TRD or SCL? Author?

Newart has a lot of ZX Chip Tunes on disk without any graphics. Might be worth a look: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 10259&pg=1
Ralf wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 pm
Unfortunately we don't have any practical way to search it in the database.
The current search does a lot, but we really need an advanced one with multiple choices (basically the one from Martijn's WoS!). Most of all, I miss a year range search. I live in hope that a coder will volunteer their services, and it's do-able within the current framework!
0 x

hikoki
Manic Miner
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by hikoki » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Is this compilation from @Neil Parsons ?
https://programbytes48k.wordpress.com/2 ... d-trilogy/
1 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by R-Tape » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 pm

hikoki wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm
Is this compilation from @Neil Parsons ?
https://programbytes48k.wordpress.com/2 ... d-trilogy/
Good call. Moonlight Shadow is on the Ommadawn album, but I couldn't find it on Neil's rendition of it. Did I miss it?

Cool tape though, on the Speccy it all has a medieval feel to it.
0 x

Neil Parsons
Berk
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Neil Parsons » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am

Pegaz wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm
A couple of weeks ago, I was searching through my Spectrum archive and coming across a program with digitized music of Mike Oldfields great song Moonlight Shadow, from 1983.
I thought I had memorized the name of the program, but now I can't find it.
I know there was no graphics, just a white screen and great music, one of the best digitized tunes I heard on Spectrum.
Does anyone have any idea, what the program is about?
Hi,

I remembered at least one Moonlight Shadow's chiptune cover made by MQM Team for their scene demo MQM Demo III: Total Brain Storm. A big one! But it's the only thing I actually know.

I wish I could have done an AY version of myself from Oldfield's hit song, but I didn't. I just made other MO covers (Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn at full; Islands' songs and Tattoo from TBII). I've developed more stuff and everybody can find them here.

Cheers
Last edited by Neil Parsons on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Neil Parsons
Berk
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Neil Parsons » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:02 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 pm
hikoki wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm
Is this compilation from @Neil Parsons ?
https://programbytes48k.wordpress.com/2 ... d-trilogy/
Good call. Moonlight Shadow is on the Ommadawn album, but I couldn't find it on Neil's rendition of it. Did I miss it?

Cool tape though, on the Speccy it all has a medieval feel to it.
Not Ommadawn but Crises album. :mrgreen:
0 x

hikoki
Manic Miner
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by hikoki » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Neil Parsons wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am
I've developed more stuff and everybody can find them here.
I've noticed that your Aquanoid reduced version is not in the archive yet
http://www.elmundodelspectrum.com/aquan ... l-parsons/

Cheers
2 x

User avatar
Pegaz
Manic Miner
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Pegaz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 am

Finally, after two months of searching I found it !!!
The file is called Normal Life, I don't know anything about it, but the music is absolutely beautiful.
Enjoy. :)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2652916518
2 x

Post Reply