Cant find the program with digitized music?

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: Cant find the program with digitized music?

Post by Pegaz »

Great, it's working now. :)
Thanks Woody.
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Woodster wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 pm
ZXDunny wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm Last time I tried, it worked fine on my +2A from the covertape itself. No idea why it might fail under emulation.
So the +2A (and presumably the 128K too then) produce audible MIC output through the TV speaker with the Beeper bit off? The reason for the silence in SpecEmu is that it's stated in the FAQ (or at least somewhere :p) that the MIC output alone can't drive the speaker but can be used for a slight increase in volume when used with the Beeper bit.
Had the demo back in the early 90s (possibly 92 or 93) along with a +2a (black, not the one I have now) on a 14" colour portable. Bicie demo definitely produced beeper sound on the second option - I recall the AY sound being better than the beeper.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Pegaz wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:48 pm Btw, that "Bicie" demo has also one 1-bit beeper tune, but for some reason I can't get sound at all, just border effects.
On a real Spectrum (all models), toggling either the MIC or the EAR bit of Port #FE will energize/de-energize the beeper. On 16K/48K Spectrums, it is physically the same pin of the ULA; on 128K machines, there are two separate ULA pins that are either shorted together (128K/+2) or connected via resistors and decoupling capacitors (+2A/+3).

Not all emulators follow this behavior, preferring instead to generate sound only if Bit 4 (EAR) is toggled. I tried the demo on zxsp, RVM, and SpecIde, and they all generated sound on the beeper without problems. Fuse and SpectREM didn’t.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

hikoki wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Neil Parsons wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am I've developed more stuff and everybody can find them here.
I've noticed that your Aquanoid reduced version is not in the archive yet
http://www.elmundodelspectrum.com/aquan ... l-parsons/

Cheers
It's a simplified version of the original game with a different map I made earlier as a test, prior to next and definite development of Aquanoids.

Whenever I can, I'll provide the TZX file of this Aquanoids Redux.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Neil Parsons wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm
hikoki wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm I've noticed that your Aquanoid reduced version is not in the archive yet
http://www.elmundodelspectrum.com/aquan ... l-parsons/

Cheers
It's a simplified version of the original game with a different map I made earlier as a test, prior to next and definite development of Aquanoids.

Whenever I can, I'll provide the TZX file of this Aquanoids Redux.
Thanks hik and Neil. I looked into this, but I couldn't work out exactly what the reduced version was, and if it should be added to the archive. I also didn't add the main version of Aquanoids, I think because it was a commercial release at the time. Should I add both to the archive?
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

@R-Tape: Yeah, of course! I still have to send sometime my redux version of the game and its source code.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »