New File Browser for ZX-UNO

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Re: New File Browser for ZX-UNO

Post by bob_fossil »

New test version available here. This just adds screen preview for v2/3 .z80 files in fullscreen browser mode (this only works from the NMI version of the browser) along with some small bug fixes.
9 x

zxassembler
Berk

Post by zxassembler »

Thanks for your effort. I will try the new version. I can't live without this browser in my ZX Uno ;)
1 x

velesoft
Berk

Post by velesoft »

Idea for speed-up start of NMI on DivMMC. Code may detect size of DivXXX ram memory and backup zx ram to this 8kB ram pages without any writing to slow SD card. Standard DivMMC contain 128kB or 512kB of external fast ram.
2 x

bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

velesoft wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:00 am
Idea for speed-up start of NMI on DivMMC. Code may detect size of DivXXX ram memory and backup zx ram to this 8kB ram pages without any writing to slow SD card. Standard DivMMC contain 128kB or 512kB of external fast ram.
Do you have any code or documentation for this - e.g. how do I page in the 8k ram page, what address is it paged to, what bank is currently paged in and how do I detect the size of RAM (if any) on the DivMMC? Thanks.
0 x

velesoft
Berk

Post by velesoft »

bob_fossil wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:12 am
velesoft wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:00 am
Do you have any code or documentation for this - e.g. how do I page in the 8k ram page, what address is it paged to, what bank is currently paged in and how do I detect the size of RAM (if any) on the DivMMC? Thanks.
Yes. All is easy.
OUT 227, 128+page number (0-63) disconnect zx rom and connect from address 0 eeprom 8kB with system and from address 8192 connect 8kB divmmc ram pages.
OUT 227,0 disconnect divmmc memory (if is not automatically mapped before...)
Divmmc system esxdos use only first 40kB of external ram(pages 0-4) and all next pages(5-63) are free ram for your use. Divmmc exist in two memory versions : 128kB and 512kB. 128kB model use pages 0-15 and 88kB is free. 512kB model use pages 0-63 and 472kB is free. Detection is easy. Contact me for more details.
1 x