New File Browser for ZX-UNO

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
azesmbog
Dizzy

Re: New File Browser for ZX-UNO

Post by azesmbog »

bob_fossil wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:16 pm
Does .snapload load your snapshot correctly?
I figured out the strange work of the snapshot and made it work correctly .. He also loaded earlier, and tried to work, but crooked.
I’m even at a loss to say whether this is version 0.27 or a browser problem :) I hope that no one else will come across this, and snapshots are rarely used. Let's refer this to random insignificant fluctuations :)
0 x

bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

tom-cat wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:13 pm
btw. would be nice to have common navigation handling in the plugins as it is in the browser. Maybe a way to include the code that reads the configuration for the keys and a routine that scans them and returns if one of the navigation keys were pressed ? Possibly too much hassle, but if it is simple to do would be nice.
Maybe some sort of callback mechanism from the plugin into the browser so you could do input processing or other stuff like displaying messages in the browser from the plugin? That would require some code juggling as the input code uses the nice z88dk functions to do this and the area of memory they live in gets loaded over when the plugin is started. I'll have a think about it.

One way to hack around the issue would be to load the browser config file

Code: Select all

/bin/browse.cfg
into memory in your plugin and pull values from that. This has the following layout:

Code: Select all

struct settings
	{
	unsigned char attr_top_line;
	unsigned char attr_bottom_line;
	unsigned char attr_border;
	unsigned char attr_file;
	unsigned char attr_dir;
	unsigned char attr_selection;
	unsigned char device_number;
	unsigned char flags;
	unsigned char flags2;
	unsigned char key_up;
	unsigned char key_down;
	unsigned char key_left;
	unsigned char key_right;
	unsigned char key_select;
	};
key_up, key_down etc are the scancodes for the browser navigation keypresses. To see whether we're using Kempston joystick input, AND flags with 0x2. You'd then need to include your own keyboard / joystick handling code. :)
1 x

tom-cat
Berk

Post by tom-cat »

Thanx for the info. For now will leave it as it is... working nicely.
0 x

Luzie
Dizzy

Post by Luzie »

bob_fossil wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:30 pm
I've had to switch over to Fuse. During development of the new browser features in v12 and later I found that SpecEmu didn't seem to emulate the divMMC's 128k of memory correctly (only the 32k needed for esxdos to run) which I'm now using for saving the RAM contents and plugins.
Just for clarification: I discovered an error here: SpecEmu only support divIDE-Emulation and no divMMC-Emulation. I made a mistake here, when I write that I used SpecEmu with divMMC-Emulation.
0 x

bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

New test version available here.

Added new plugins to support Pro Tracker 1.x modules (PT1) and multiArtist 8x4 images (MG4).

Is anyone still using the .browse dot command or can I get rid of it and assume everyone is now using the NMI version? :)
2 x

tom-cat
Berk

Post by tom-cat »

bob_fossil wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Added new plugins to support Pro Tracker 1.x modules (PT1) and multiArtist 8x4 images (MG4).

Is anyone still using the .browse dot command or can I get rid of it and assume everyone is now using the NMI version? :)
On DivIDE that does not have 128k ram it is very usefull since it means a faster start and no writing to the CF card. I do use .b shortcut more often than actual NMi button I think :)
2 x

azesmbog
Dizzy

Post by azesmbog »

bob_fossil wrote:
Good job. But I would be more interested in the 8x1 image viewer
and a file player SAA1099 - there are more than 600 melodies, there is something to listen to on ZX Uno :)
0 x

Spezzi63
Berk

Post by Spezzi63 »

tom-cat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm
bob_fossil wrote:

On DivIDE that does not have 128k ram it is very usefull since it means a faster start and no writing to the CF card. I do use .b shortcut more often than actual NMi button I think :)
Hello,
currently is "No_MMC_Memory v0.12" for DivIDE.
When a new version detects the size of RAM, the version number can also follow again 8-)
Regards,
Guenter
0 x

pjrodriguez
Berk

Post by pjrodriguez »

bob_fossil wrote:

Thank you again for the new updates.
Yes, I am using the .browse dot command since I'm still using Dr Slump's NMI handler.
Please don't drop the .browse dot command!
1 x