Submissions wanted: Woot! 2018

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Submissions wanted: Woot! 2018

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm Just had a look at the wOOts in the archive, and they only have the main program. I'd expect them to have all the other programs as part of the TAP, or as separate TAPs in the same download..?
Aye I know what you mean. Each entry has the list with links for all the compilation contents, and I think they all have files, but there should be a bundle there really. I'll get a bundle sorted at some point in the future.
Ivanzx wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 pm I have an idea, Dave, I'll let you know later
Cool. I'd be interested to hear ideas, but I should point out that any submissions now (unless they're SCREEN$) will probably have to be 'standalone' (basically I shouldn't have to do any work on them).
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm
Joefish wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm Just had a look at the wOOts in the archive, and they only have the main program. I'd expect them to have all the other programs as part of the TAP, or as separate TAPs in the same download..?
Aye I know what you mean. Each entry has the list with links for all the compilation contents, and I think they all have files, but there should be a bundle there really. I'll get a bundle sorted at some point in the future.
If WOOT tape included several games, we would need to preserve the entire tape, surely. But that's not the case. Instead, each game distributed with WOOT was a separate file, exactly the same file you will find in each game's entry page. So there's no need to store each of these files again in the WOOT page. You just need to click on any game from the WOOT list to obtain its file.

Just my 2 cents...
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Maybe you're right. I didn't scroll far enough down the page to see all the other contents were given as links.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

The tape magazine is going to spill over, so there'll be a side 2. It's going to be a slideshow of screens compressed with ZX7. If anyone wants to submit anything it would be most welcome—things like game mashups, xmassy scenes, zx-memes, things like this. They don't have to be redballoon, MAC or Andy Green standard (though that would be welcome!), as long as they're fun.

Deadline is now 15th December.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Things are coming together. Woot will be out sometime around Wednesday.

Thanks for the submissions everyone. Let me know if you're still working on anything.
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:30 pm Things are coming together. Woot will be out sometime around Wednesday.

Thanks for the submissions everyone. Let me know if you're still working on anything.
Great news! Looking forward to seeing what will be in there ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

There's still room for 2 SCREEN$ by the way. If anyone has a free evening, an xmassy/daft/funny idea, and fancied an evening with ZX-Paintbrush, I could include it if I received it by tomorrow.